Chicken Coop names: What did you name your coop/coops

My Dad initials are L. L.

Wife said I'm lazy and since I think I'm a cowboy the "Lazy L" ranch (3 acres of woods, house and a 20' x 30' out building) came into existence.

The ladies names (when they arrive in May) will all start with the letter "L". The rooster will be named Lucky, because I figure he'll be lucky if he isn't the first one in the the pot.

I hadn't thought about naming the coop.

Bunk House? Nope, that's more for cowpokes then chickens.

Washington D.C.? Make a lot of noise while accomplishing very little? Nope, Chickens at least lay eggs.

I'm going to need help on naming the coop.

I like Bunk House! It's original. Dress is up with some old rusty horse shoes and it'll be super cute. I was going to go with a western theme for my big coop....I don't know how I got sidetracked.

I am planning on building this spring, and I already know...I will name it: Coop Cost -A-Plenty. I know my budget will be right out the window-it already is, just on paper. I keep changing the plans, because I know the chicken math will get the best of me!

Wow so many cool names... i read 14 pages of the thread so far, must come back ! Mines is "Villa Gallina" i chose that name after my moroccan husband says " thats not a chicken house, thats a "villa"!

When I finally finish the painting on my coop I will be calling it Sunny Side UP!! Its a pretty bright blue with yellow trim and I am going to paint some obnoxious sunflowers on the side of it. :)

I LOVE it! Need...more...pics!!!

wee.gif

I don't have my chickens yet, but as they are going to be of the heavier set breeds, our coop will be named "Fat Bottom Girls House"!

All the names are so clever and creative! I'm thinking (since my last name is Hill) ......... The Hill-ton Inn.
But I love all the names, it's getting me thinking!!

Coop will be the:

The Golden Nugget
Lucky Rooster Proprietor
Liquor in front - Poker in rear - Billiards upstairs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom