Chicken Coop names: What did you name your coop/coops

We finally became chicken owners through the untimely almost eradication of my friend's chicken flock from hungry predators. (We inherited the remainder of her flock)
We brought them home, spiffed up their temporary coop, ordered another temporary coop that should last a few years as we are beginning a home demolition/remodel while I am also "cooped up" from the first of two foot surgeries.
My husband is the Sheriff of our county in Texas, and we will be calling our coop the "Jailhouse Flock", complete with wanted posters of foxes, raccoons and snakes.
My final plans call for a coop that looks like an old western jailhouse, complete with "security bars", "visiting areas", "recreation area" and "booking"!

It will fit in perfectly with our crazy law-enforcement country lifestyle!!!
jumpy.gif

Clarabell's Hen House was named after my favorite girl! We just put up a second co-op which is yet to be named I am toying with Chickopolis since it has a more Urbin feel to it? The Hospital has been torn down and is to be rebuilt relocated and renamed...Menehune General. My husband was born on Oahu, Hawaii and Menehune's are michevious litre creatres like pixies or leprechaun's...shenanigans are always going on in the ER :)!

When I get mine built this spring it will be the university of Kentucky, because I want it in the edge of my front yard to keep it away from the woods and critters (it will be built very secure, but I want to make sure I keep it as far away from critters as I can) also it would be easier to feed and water them, collect eggs etc,etc,etc but the woman next door said it would be "too Kentuckyish" so I will paint a U of K sign on the side facing her property.....

We don't have one yet. No chickens. I'm going to build it bombproof and call it the Biddy Bunker, or Fowl Fortress, or something like that maybe.

I like "The Bird Bunker."
"Fort Feather"

Last edited:
I don't have a coop for Tweety but you might want to consider Cluckingham (or Pluckingham) Palace, or, The Chicken Brick Inn, the Hen Pen, the Interred Bird Herd, The Chicken Wing, The Pollo Lounge, the Hatch Patch, The Penhouse, The Spruced Roost, The Laying Inn, just serving suggestions. Good Luck.

When I told my grand daughter we were getting chickens she said. "Will they chick me?" I said "do you mean peck you?' She said "yes chick me" so we loving call it chicking us. So we are naming her coop ( Gattie's "chick me" Inn.) Her name is Gatlynne. we are so excited this is a new adventure for us.

Back
Top Bottom