Chicken Coop Size (and supplies) for 20-25 chickens

I have a 12 x 12 coop with 17 chickens, 7 ducks, 9 geese and I will add 42 chicks and 11 ducklings in the summer. Will all fit in the coop? The day time all are free ranging in the yard. I have ponds and all sorts of activities for all. I have 200 acres but only 50 is being used. the rest are all forests. If all will not fit I can always build a second one. Thx

I have a 12 x 12 coop with 17 chickens, 7 ducks, 9 geese and I will add 42 chicks and 11 ducklings in the summer. Will all fit in the coop? The day time all are free ranging in the yard. I have ponds and all sorts of activities for all. I have 200 acres but only 50 is being used. the rest are all forests. If all will not fit I can always build a second one. Thx

You may want to start a new thread to get more replies specific to your situation. Pictures of your current setup would be helpful for all the knowledgeable people to give you the best advice! 86 birds will need more than a 12x12 space, with the mixed flock you have now I would say you’re definitely at capacity for that building.

10X10 = 100sq ft divided by suggested 4 sq ft per chicken = enough space for about 25 chickens....BUT I suggest building it a bit bigger. 12X12 or 10X12 would be good if you built it 16X20 you'd still be left with 6X10 or 6X8 space for a storage room on the back end of the coop.

Run space you would need is 10 sq ft per chicken (unless you'll free range most of the day everyday) so 25 chickens X10 = 250 sq ft run space total for 25 chickens.
All over the internet and all sorts of sites!! This is the most helpful information I’ve read! Thank you

Back
Top Bottom