Chicken Costumes - Share your pictures!

Quote:
ohhh yummyyyy! I need a recipe for the grubcake!!!
cool.png

Recipe for "Special Speckle's Cake"

Begin with sturdy paper plate or something more durable that you have permanently dedicated to chicken use.

For the first layer of the cake, arrange bite sized bits of your chicken's favorite greens (lettuce, spinach, cabbage, newly picked grass, etc.)

Top the green layer with a nice selection of newly dug, fat white garden grubs. Arrange these attractively. If grubs are not available meal worms, cricketts or grasshoppers may be substituted.

Next generously sprinkle green peas (Texans will probably choose to use fresh Black-eyed Peas if available) between grubs for a nice contrast of colors.

Additional treats can be added as the chef desires. We suggest: hulled sunflower seeds, grapes, dollops of cottage cheese or yoghurt, kernals of corn, etc.

Be prepared for extreme chicken approval. It is recommended that the cake be placed where it is to be consumed and ONLY THEN the cake eater(s) be allowed to approach the dish. Keep your distance or wear appropriate splashproof apparel. If you plan to sing "Happy Birthday", make it fast and have your camera ready to capture the scenes of celebration. If guests are present you may choose to warn them in advance about the splash zone. (Unless you are not all that fond of guests--- or plan to tape a video for competition.)

Best Wishes to all cooks and celebrators!

Following the big event be discreet about sharing the joy with others. Some non-BYC persons could over-react and arrange for the guys in those cute white coats with fashionably long sleeves which tie in back to seek you out and offer "a nice quiet, padded room".

Last edited:
These are soo cute! I really want to dress in theme with one of my hens for a trunk or treat event (halloween's comin' up - chicken costume time!!!) Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom