Chicken flock attacked

Get yourself one of these....
Screenshot_20230513-090304.png

Harbor Freight, Tractor supply, Rural King all have them. If you don't dispatch that coon it will come back. Do not relocate it. Your giving the problem to some one else. Can of tuna or my favorite is Sardines.
Sorry for your loss but you have to get that coon. It will kill your last girl the moment it gets a chance, day or night.

Get yourself one of these....View attachment 3503422
Harbor Freight, Tractor supply, Rural King all have them. If you don't dispatch that coon it will come back. Do not relocate it. Your giving the problem to some one else. Can of tuna or my favorite is Sardines.
Sorry for your loss but you have to get that coon. It will kill your last girl the moment it gets a chance, day or night.
I have one 😏😏

Question: can I bathe her? I haven’t probably should have but idk. There are feathers that really aren’t attached just stuck to her and I’ve been spraying her with wound spray but I feel like it’s making this worse. The blue kote just puts such a layer on her feathers and she can’t clean herself. I feel like all the gunk needs to come off so new feathers can come in. Would I be stressing her out more by doing this? Should I just continue to spray. I don’t actually like the blue kote will be buying veterycin

Question: can I bathe her? I haven’t probably should have but idk. There are feathers that really aren’t attached just stuck to her and I’ve been spraying her with wound spray but I feel like it’s making this worse. The blue kote just puts such a layer on her feathers and she can’t clean herself. I feel like all the gunk needs to come off so new feathers can come in. Would I be stressing her out more by doing this? Should I just continue to spray. I don’t actually like the blue kote will be buying veterycin
I prefer vetricyn as well, less mess.

If there's dirty feathers around the wounds, I would look at carefully trimming them back, but that's about it.

Thank you! So about an hour after I wrote this one other hen came home! She must have been hiding all day! I am so relieved!!! Not in the best shape but better than the other. Still not sure about integrating
Having a wounded bird in contact with another bird can be a problem. Chickens tend to peck at other chicken’s wounds and can peck them to death. use caution…

Back
Top Bottom