Chicken gurgling

well i gave my Sussex Rooster Tylan 50 1cc since Thursday and he still sounds bad, he is still moving around and eating and drinking water.... what do i need to do, do i need to give him more then 1cc

well i gave my Sussex Rooster Tylan 50 1cc since Thursday and he still sounds bad, he is still moving around and eating and drinking water.... what do i need to do, do i need to give him more then 1cc
How much does he weigh? If he were mine I would give .6cc - .8cc per 2.2 pounds (30-40mg/kg).

Disclaimer: I have only used Tylan 50 once and the amount I used was based on this info in Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook:

-Kathy

Quote: The one time I used the 50 IM it caused injection site necrosis, so it's not just the 200 that does it.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Edited to add: Baytril injected can cause the same thing.

Last edited:
im guessing 6/7 pounds
6 pounds I would give 1.6cc to 2.2cc
7 pounds I would give 1.8cc to 2.4cc

Remember, I have only used Tylan once. Probably best to double check my math! Above numbers are based on 30-40mg/kg and the fact that 1ml of Tylan 50 has 50mg, .8ml has 40mg and .6ml has 30mg.

-Kathy

Does anyone know how to stop a chicken from gurgling without medicine? I don't wanna use any money ($$$)
barnie.gif
My chicken Brownie has been with me for a year. At first i though she was going broody but know i am not so sure. I don't want her to be sick but i think she is.

I just bought a "Rooster" . After getting home and setting up a quarantine cage. He drank water and I heard him gurgling! !!! Started the tetracycline at 3:00 p.m. ..... keeping my fingers crossed. One teaspoon per gallon.
400[

Back
Top Bottom