Chicken Harness = Unhappy Chickens

A chicken flying a kite while wearing a harness?
crazy.gif

You people are freaks!
gig.gif

I mean that in a nice way, though!
hugs.gif

I used to 'walk' my first chicken in a puppy harness. She was actually quite cooperative! It was also for safety when I had her for company cleaning the gutters... she'd eat all the bugs, very very happily.

It was one with two 'triangles' where I put the wings through each one. The clip to close it is at the same location where I attached the leash in the middle of the back... The middle strap was around the breast area.

I think it would be easier to only bring one if you're dealing with a harness.

Oh, My...

I see I have come to the right place for chicken harness advice!

I think I may have to get a different style harness. This one is tiny and I don't think I could snap it closed if I made the back loop any smaller, but she keeps getting her leg stuck in the loop after it is on.

I took pics, but uploading them will have to wait until I get the littles into bed in an hour.

I will try the adjustable cat one and hit up the local bird store to see if they carry a bird specific one.

Food really did help. I'll keep doing that.

Yes, the next visit may be with only one chick. That way I can focus on getting one used to the harness in the coming week or so and bring that one. Then I can work up to multiple as I get others used to it.

Back
Top Bottom