Then how do you suggest I keep the rooster outside quietly? Do you have a innovative solution for the issue I described?

I would love to keep the rooster outside if it's garunteed I can sound proof where he is gonna be staying outside.

So do you have a solution?
Chickens hold the record for the loudest bird call on Earth, and that is the rooster's crow, which exceeds 180 decibels. That being said, there is really no way you can sound-proof your yard enough to block out all of his crowing.

I have an idea, what if you got a few straight run chicks or just order some males, raise them up, when they are starting to crow and might alert the Karen's, process them and get a few more chicks. You'd never be more than 5 months away from having a male who you could pop in with your hens, and if disaster doesn't strike, you'll be having some fresh home raised meat in the meantime.

Or if you wanted to hatch your own, get a cockerel, breed the hens, set the eggs, eat the cockerel, hatch the chicks, raise them, when the one you pick is old enough, repeat the process. Just always process them before you get busted. You'd have a juvenile trying to crow 2 or 3 times a year, the in between months would be just the hens making noise.

Chickens hold the record for the loudest bird call on Earth, and that is the rooster's crow, which exceeds 180 decibels. That being said, there is really no way you can sound-proof your yard enough to block out all of his crowing.
I know that. You are just telling me stuff that I already know. Which is more annoying than helpful to be honest. It's also little condescending that you are assuming I haven't learned all the facts before pursuing an idea.

Do you have an idea on how to dampen the sound. Obviously there will be some sound. Do you have any ideas on like how to make him a coop and run that I can dampen the sound around? Like any pictures or any ideas of how it could work?

What exactly about the rooster do you want for "emergency purposes"? Meat? Reproduction? If it's reproduction, I wonder if you could just borrow a trusted friend's rooster and put it in with your hens for a day or two when you want to hatch. I'm not super knowledgeable on this since I've never done it so maybe someone else can weigh in, but a friend of mine was telling me she has done this. My main concern would be transmitting diseases from another flock, but maybe someone else can speak to this.

I really have never thought no-crow collars sounded humane. Roosters should be able to crow imo.
Reproduction and I want to know I can be successful at making more chicks before SHTF.

Or if you wanted to hatch your own, get a cockerel, breed the hens, set the eggs, eat the cockerel, hatch the chicks, raise them, when the one you pick is old enough, repeat the process. Just always process them before you get busted. You'd have a juvenile trying to crow 2 or 3 times a year, the in between months would be just the hens making noise.
One of my neighbors does this. He keeps them to the point where they get bold enough to slip thru the gaps in his fence and then like 2 days later the roo is dinner.

I have an idea, what if you got a few straight run chicks or just order some males, raise them up, when they are starting to crow and might alert the Karen's, process them and get a few more chicks. You'd never be more than 5 months away from having a male who you could pop in with your hens, and if disaster doesn't strike, you'll be having some fresh home raised meat in the meantime.

That's an idea šŸ’”

That's a great idea!

The loudest bird call on earth actually belongs to the white bellbird. Decibel levels of 180 are around a shot gun blast or a rocket lift off, and it seems hard to believe a roosters crow is equivalent to that. The sources i found said a roosters crow is around 120.
I have heard that white bellbirds are at 160 decibels and roosters are over 180 decibels. I haven't ever recorded the sound myself, of course, but that is what I have read on articles about how roosters can close their ears to protect themselves.

I know that. You are just telling me stuff that I already know. Which is more annoying than helpful to be honest. It's also little condescending that you are assuming I haven't learned all the facts before pursuing an idea.

Do you have an idea on how to dampen the sound. Obviously there will be some sound. Do you have any ideas on like how to make him a coop and run that I can dampen the sound around? Like any pictures or any ideas of how it could work?
If you want advice, expect some that you already know. No one is saying you didnā€™t know this stuff, theyā€™re just stating some information. Youā€™re gonna have people scared to respond to your thread if you say stuff like this šŸ¤£

I have heard that white bellbirds are at 160 decibels and roosters are over 180 decibels. I haven't ever recorded the sound myself, of course, but that is what I have read on articles about how roosters can close their ears to protect themselves.
It could be true. Google is weird sometimes, different articles different results so what i read couldā€™ve been outdated.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom