Chicken hawk.33 hatch along.

chicken hawk 33

Songster
Nov 4, 2015
This thread i am starting for anyone who would like too set eggs with me this week are has set eggs in the incubator off any type.come have fun.be nice.everyone is welcome.

Hey guys! I set mine yesterday, but my thermometers are a little bit whacked out(reading different temps by about a degree.) and there's no real way to calibrate them so I'm going with the higher reading one so my babies might hatch a little late.
smile.png

I saw you guys talked a little bit about trying to give people prizes, I draw and maybe I can make a drawing for someone who wins a prize. Here are some examples of my work:

I was going to set my eggs tomorrow, but still haven't gotten the incubator back out. Besides, tomorrow's eggs would have to warm up to room temperature anyway.
So far I have fourteen or fifteen eggs. They are all Easter Eggars but only three are green. I'm not sure if the father carries a blue gene or a brown gene, so no clue what the girls will lay.

Do eggs develope air cells that enlarge over time, even if unfertile? I have copper marran eggs in, and they are so dark all I can make out is the air cell and a large dark spot.

Yes unfertile eggs will still have a degree of air cell growth as the egg loses moisture. Eggs just sat on the counter for a period of time will lose moisture too. It's a natural process as eggs are porous.
If you are unsure of development leave them in just incase.

Back
Top Bottom