Chicken is sick but not sure what it is and how to treat

BawkingChicken

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2023
My barred rock has been acting different. Her movements are really slow and she stands with her feathers puffed out and stand with her eyes closed. She has lost a ton of weight. She has been eating and pecking around but doing it very slowly. Her vent is also covered in watery poop. Any ideas of what could be wrong and how I could treat her. I’ve already isolated her from my flock.
28C47108-C4E4-40AA-8CAE-3FC51946DF11.jpeg
6418FB3D-50A5-47F2-87B5-BE4DBBC48102.jpeg
44BEC6F9-E37C-4F22-8D7F-4BE1AAB4469A.jpeg

She was a year old this febuary I have a mix of breeds 19 total including turkeys so they eat a mix of all flock and scratch grains along with spices added in and they free range while I’m home because we have a predator problem. I got her from rural king so I’m not sure if she’s wormed or not and I’m not sure is she has laid. Her crop feels very full and bulged
480F547C-BCD1-44C1-BAAB-5EE6327A82A6.jpeg
she also just pooped and this is what it looks like

She was a year old this febuary I have a mix of breeds 19 total including turkeys so they eat a mix of all flock and scratch grains along with spices added in and they free range while I’m home because we have a predator problem. I got her from rural king so I’m not sure if she’s wormed or not and I’m not sure is she has laid. Her crop feels very full and bulged View attachment 3773737she also just pooped and this is what it looks like
How much scratch and spices? What are the spices? And what for?
Worming isn't something that they come with as chicks, it's something you do as needed.
Yellow poops can be caused by liver issues, reproductive problems, cancer, and fatty liver problems.

I have a 100 pound bin that holds a 50 pound bag of all flock and a 50 pound bag of scratch grains I mix them together and mix the spices in I use red pepper, cayenne pepper, parsley, basil, oregano, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, garlic powder I have not wormed her but I can

Her crop seems very full like a balloon and doesnt seem to firm like food what so ever I gave her some food and she’s pecking around in it

Also I just went out and one of my spitzhabuen is holding her leg up I didn’t notice that earlier she doesn’t show any signs of mites and her leg doesn’t look bruised and I doesn’t look like bumble foot she keeps it up and sometimes tries to walk on it no sure what to do I am not having a good day any suggestions on her?
F887E4A7-7AF1-476A-BE8E-226082DCC061.jpeg
6EEBBF00-3A39-4452-ABB0-26C93C3D5A11.jpeg
93F3C238-1E0A-414A-9B1F-6327738A6B40.jpeg

I have a 100 pound bin that holds a 50 pound bag of all flock and a 50 pound bag of scratch grains I mix them together and mix the spices in I use red pepper, cayenne pepper, parsley, basil, oregano, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, garlic powder I have not wormed her but I can
Cut out the scratch and the spices. Scratch is a treat to be given once or twice a week in very minor amounts. The spices aren't doing them any favors.
Looks like the Spitz may have bumblefoot.

Okay I will cut those out. how should I treat the bumblefoot and the barred rock. I thought the spitz just had some poop on her foot but I could be wrong

Okay I will cut those out. how should I treat the bumblefoot and the barred rock. I thought the spitz just had some poop on her foot but I could be wrong
Can you wash her foot? It will be easier to see.
Unless we can verify what is actually going on with her, it's going to be difficult to say how to treat.

Back
Top Bottom