Chicken LORE Project - Find & Submit Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances

I did the same for Seattle. Nothing happened. The old rules are still up. I guess it must take some time for the information to get posted.

Quote:

Quote:

Hey folks! If you'll see in the instructions, you should not re-submit cities. It causes a hiccup in the database and is really difficult to correct.

I will review the entries when I have time time.

Quote:
I guess I got conflicting information about that. Just a heads up, Beaverton, OR now has three incorrect entries, probably from people trying to enter the correct information once again. When you get around to fixing it, I would be happy to point you towards the correct information. Thanks for all the work you must be putting into this.

Quote:
I guess I got conflicting information about that. Just a heads up, Beaverton, OR now has three incorrect entries, probably from people trying to enter the correct information once again. When you get around to fixing it, I would be happy to point you towards the correct information. Thanks for all the work you must be putting into this.

...I have been slacking lately. I am hoping to get in there this weekend.

I could have been totally be wrong with my suggestion. We'll get it worked out and let you know ASAP.
smile.png

No worries. I think it is neat that you are compiling all of the information in one place. It may save you some time in the end to review submissions before they are listed to verify accuracy and to avoid duplicating.

Quote:
Because East Brunswick is unincorporated, their municipal codes would follow the codes for Middlesex County.

You can find that code here:
http://www.ecode360.com/?custId=MI0188

Keyword search "fowl" and you will find this:

Chickens, ducks, geese or other fowl shall not be kept for domestic use unless the following rules and regulations are strictly adhered to:

A. Such fowl or animal shall not be allowed to fly or run at large, but shall be confined in a suitable house or coop with an enclosed runway; except pigeons for which a permit to fly must be obtained from this Board.
B. No part of such coop, house or runway shall be less than 100 feet from the doors or windows of any building occupied by human beings, whether for dwelling or business purposes. In addition to the above requirements, no person shall keep less than 25 fowl or animals above-referenced unless the lot on which such fowl or similar referenced animals contains at least one acre of land. However, poultry kept temporarily for markets and educational purposes may be kept under conditions other than those specified,
C. More than 25 fowl or animals above referred to can be kept at any time, provided the lot on which such fowl are kept contains at least two acres of land. This restriction shall not apply, however, it such fowl or animals are kept not nearer than 300 feet to a dwelling house or occupied building, exclusive of that of the keeper of such fowl.
D. No person shall keep chickens, ducks, geese or other fowl for commercial purposes without first obtaining a license to do so.

This implies you CAN keep chickens, assuming your property is properly zoned for the keeping of fowl. Look at your deed, see what your zoning is, and then research the zoning laws for your township/county.​

Is this just cities or are towns included as well...........if so Hudson, Berlin, and Bolton Massachusetts are all chicken friendly, with the exception of Hudson's no rooster policy

You can submit any incorporated or non-incorporated area, so long as you include a direct link to the municpal code for verification. No PDFS please. It must be first-hand information.

Back
Top Bottom