Chicken Miracle!

Windus

Songster
Aug 15, 2017
Kansas City, MO
20914232_10156275954848881_9117189724786293616_n.jpg

Came home last night to find one of my silkie hens missing. Spent over an hour looking for her but found no sign and she did not show up when it got dark and everyone went into the coop. This morning I let all the chickens out of the coop, still no sign of her.

Sadly, I wrote her off as a predator loss.

Came home from work tonight and there she is sitting in the coop clucking at me! Checked her over thoroughly and she does not have a mark on her.

No clue where she was and how a tiny little silkie hen survived a night out of the coop around here, we are completely surrounded by woods that are thick with predators, but we are happy to have her home. I have never had a bird that disappeared show back up again!

That's wonderful! My father recently had a similar experience. Three hens did not come home one night. He took to the woods with a flashlight and eventually found them 15 feet up in a tree! Needless to say he was not able to get them down, so there they stayed till the next day!

View attachment 1158332
Came home last night to find one of my silkie hens missing. Spent over an hour looking for her but found no sign and she did not show up when it got dark and everyone went into the coop. This morning I let all the chickens out of the coop, still no sign of her.

Sadly, I wrote her off as a predator loss.

Came home from work tonight and there she is sitting in the coop clucking at me! Checked her over thoroughly and she does not have a mark on her.

No clue where she was and how a tiny little silkie hen survived a night out of the coop around here, we are completely surrounded by woods that are thick with predators, but we are happy to have her home. I have never had a bird that disappeared show back up again!

Back
Top Bottom