Chicken "mutt" club!!!

Pics
It's ok to post animal pics as long as there a mutt!!!! (Even if they ain't mutts I love goats so your fine
wink.png
)
Well the rabbits are mutts the sheep are a type of mountain sheep they dont have wool like the common white and black sheep do. They are extremely hearty and do pretty well in the mountains of CO. So I guess the sheep arent mutts but the babies sure are cute :)

Distracting yourself is good too....
wink.png

The one time we had bunnies the male baby used to sit in the food... Dunno what was up with that.

lol ya I have no clue I think he doesnt like the bottom wire cage maybe?!?!

Wow, I missed a bunch there! Some great advice on incubating. What I would do for some blue Isbars! Wow! Hatching mutts is a blast! I also do my fair share of culling. It helps strengthen the flock overall. Will post some new pics soon!
Ask around in your local thread. I got my boy from another BYCer who hatched too many roosters. Girls are much harder to come by!
Well everyone here they are 4:36 am the golden sexlink/RIR hatched and 5 mins later the Easter egger/RIR hatched I have 6-7 that have pipped through the shell and another one is zipping. Super Exciting!!!! I am now a mutt owner lol. Those babies sure are loud Hubby and I could barely sleep last night here are the pics.

celebrate.gif

Hooray for Chickies! They are so cute!

Congratulations!

Well everyone here they are 4:36 am the golden sexlink/RIR hatched and 5 mins later the Easter egger/RIR hatched I have 6-7 that have pipped through the shell and another one is zipping. Super Exciting!!!! I am now a mutt owner lol. Those babies sure are loud Hubby and I could barely sleep last night here are the pics.

wee.gif
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif

Thanks banthams and chickNmamma. I am trying not to panic at least some have hatched two more zipped I am still at the point were no matter what happens this is a success for me for my first hatch. Thank you all for you help, advice and kind words love this thread :) And I will have to post more pics in a bit when the others come out :)

Thanks banthams and chickNmamma. I am trying not to panic at least some have hatched two more zipped I am still at the point were no matter what happens this is a success for me for my first hatch. Thank you all for you help, advice and kind words love this thread :) And I will have to post more pics in a bit when the others come out :)

hugs.gif
You are welcome. First time hatching is hard.. glad to help!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks samsr I went into this idea of hatching and freaked when I started talking to everyone in my area about it. OMG it seems like CO is one of the hardest places to hatch dry weather/high elevation I honestly didnt expect to have anyone make it to lock down. I hope I will have fuzzies in the morning lol if not I will really be pulling hair out :)
No problem, humidity will go way up while they are hatching. I hatched 17 out of 18 mutt eggs a month ago. My first time hatching. All are doing well. I posted some pics here as well. It was a great learning experience. Hatching your own eggs and not shipped ones, helps a lot. The mutts seem to have a lot more energy and lust to live than hatchery stock ever will have. I guess i cant say enough good about them. I like my mutts. I will have to post some pics later this evening when i get home.
Dont worry about them. Just let them hatch and watch the miracle of nature unfold in front of your eyes
Join us on the colorado thread sometime. There is a great bunch of people there.

Here's my mutts again!

Here's Basil the Basque roo & his mutt girlfriend!

Here are the mutt brothers to the black one above. All are out free ranging now. From the 6 week olds, 8 week olds, 19 week olds, 2 one year old hens and one 3 year old hen. I've never had so many of different ages - a real challenge!

Congrats to MyGirls20! Your're doing a super job! Hang in there. Some just take longer to pip is all. I thought after my first one hatched, the others would never get around to hatching. But most did! Yay! Keep us posted!

No problem, humidity will go way up while they are hatching. I hatched 17 out of 18 mutt eggs a month ago. My first time hatching. All are doing well. I posted some pics here as well. It was a great learning experience. Hatching your own eggs and not shipped ones, helps a lot. The mutts seem to have a lot more energy and lust to live than hatchery stock ever will have. I guess i cant say enough good about them. I like my mutts. I will have to post some pics later this evening when i get home.
Dont worry about them. Just let them hatch and watch the miracle of nature unfold in front of your eyes
Join us on the colorado thread sometime. There is a great bunch of people there.
I went into the Colorado thread once and wasnt really paid attention to lol. It seemed like their were a lot of people on their from highlands ranch and they kinda seemed a little stuck up lol. I will try again I have been pretty busy lately and have bad internet up here so I havent been on as much as I would like to.

Back
Top Bottom