Chicken "mutt" club!!!

Hi Kassaundra, Is that Rudy in the "clothes" or a newbie who will be just like him? Angie, of "fowlrus.com" fame is going to sell me a "show girl". Then we'll see what kind of mutts come from her. My frizzle-silkie crosses were very cute and small in size, but produced very delicate feathers that ended up breaking off in the mating, resulting in an ugly naked-backed chicken. So some crosses don't work out. I rehomed her to someone without roosters. : )

Hi Kassaundra, Is that Rudy in the "clothes" or a newbie who will be just like him? Angie, of "fowlrus.com" fame is going to sell me a "show girl". Then we'll see what kind of mutts come from her. My frizzle-silkie crosses were very cute and small in size, but produced very delicate feathers that ended up breaking off in the mating, resulting in an ugly naked-backed chicken. So some crosses don't work out. I rehomed her to someone without roosters. : )
That was a new one, but sadly he died yesterday suddenly w/o sign or symptom. He was out running around eating w/ his mates normal as could be then went out 2 hours later and he was dead w/o a mark on him, neck fully in tact.

I love my mutt roo. He's a Black Copper Marans/Blue Laced Red Wyandotte over an Easter Egger. Pure mutt!
I realize this is an old post, but I happened upon this picture and it made me so happy! I have an Easter Egger rooster I got in a mixed batch of chicks from a hatchery. He was supposed to be a hen, but he is about 9 months old now and he looks EXACTLY like this guy. I mean EXACTLY!! I have wondered what his parents may be but I figured blue laced red Wyandotte was in there. Glad to know what might be his combo! I love him so much and think he is super gorgeous. He's my only rooster and I've got a mixed group of hens. I have been thinking about hatching some of my blue laced red wyandotte's eggs to see how they look. Any idea what those babies would look like? Thanks for sharing this pic!

I realize this is an old post, but I happened upon this picture and it made me so happy! I have an Easter Egger rooster I got in a mixed batch of chicks from a hatchery. He was supposed to be a hen, but he is about 9 months old now and he looks EXACTLY like this guy. I mean EXACTLY!! I have wondered what his parents may be but I figured blue laced red Wyandotte was in there. Glad to know what might be his combo! I love him so much and think he is super gorgeous. He's my only rooster and I've got a mixed group of hens. I have been thinking about hatching some of my blue laced red wyandotte's eggs to see how they look. Any idea what those babies would look like? Thanks for sharing this pic!
welcome-byc.gif

He has blue too, I have no clue what they'd look like, but I would bet they would be cute.

Back
Top Bottom