Chicken Myths/Rumors: True or False, Please Share!

Pics
ya i think they sort of look moor like a pekin and FYI i love both breeds i am again stating a fact that they are not the same thing and we call them pekin bantams and that is what i shall all was call them you on the other hand can call them whatever you want and so i say pleas pleas pleas do not take this the wrong way i just find it weird that some places call them Cochin,s wen they are truly pekin bantams :):fl

ya i think they sort of look moor like a pekin and FYI i love both breeds i am again stating a fact that they are not the same thing and we call them pekin bantams and that is what i shall all was call them you on the other hand can call them whatever you want and so i say pleas pleas pleas do not take this the wrong way i just find it weird that some places call them Cochin,s wen they are truly pekin bantams :):fl
You've been very informational about the differences. The shorter back is enough to tell me that there's a difference. Thank you!
By the sounds, the Pekins are kinda like some other breeds I know. Like take a Hatchery Buff Orpington and compare it to a Buff Rock. They're basically the same, until you look closer. Different colored legs. Then there's the Game family: Old English Game, American Game, and Modern Game. All look very similar with some one might not be able to tell apart. Comparing the Old to the Modern, you'd see the Modern is more lean with tight feathers, but I used to not be able to tell them apart. It's even harder when these breeds all have the same colors.

You've been very informational about the differences. The shorter back is enough to tell me that there's a difference. Thank you!
By the sounds, the Pekins are kinda like some other breeds I know. Like take a Hatchery Buff Orpington and compare it to a Buff Rock. They're basically the same, until you look closer. Different colored legs. Then there's the Game family: Old English Game, American Game, and Modern Game. All look very similar with some one might not be able to tell apart. Comparing the Old to the Modern, you'd see the Modern is more lean with tight feathers, but I used to not be able to tell them apart. It's even harder when these breeds all have the same colors.
thank you for under standing what i was pointing out :) yes there is a lot of similar breeds wen you think abut it

Myth: Chickens are easy to raise
Myth: Only roosters wake you up in the morning.

I know a little d'Uccle hen......
Who wakes the household with a noise like this: AKAKAKAKKAKAKAKakkakakakakakakaakKK
My 2 laying hens wake me up about twice a week hollering " I laid my egg!! I laid my egg!! It's hard for me to differentiate between the "Danger Danger!! sound from the " I layed an egg!!"
Just to be safe I get up and go check on them just to be sure. It seems everyone else sleeps thru it.

My mom and many other people have thought that you have to have a rooster for the hen to produce eggs. FALSE

You need to have a rooster for your eggs to be fertilized, but not for eggs
You might ask these people who think a rooster is necessary for a hen to lay eggs if women need to have a man around in order to have a menstrual cycle.

You might ask these people who think a rooster is necessary for a hen to lay eggs if women need to have a man around in order to have a menstrual cycle.
Right! 😂 Some people just don't want to hear anything that comes from someone that's younger than them. I guess the world needs stubborn folks too 🤣

Back
Top Bottom