Chicken names?

Don't know if they are my favorite names but some names of ours.Willie the red headed rooster, nuget, babe, egg head(had a shell chick stuck to its head for the 1st few months), buc buc betty, pearle,ela

Our chickens are named bear, gerbil, spider, bat , aurora, belle, cinnamon and cumin. I have 6 kids most being under 7 and they loved naming them. Our meat chicken have names also but it is really hard to tell them apart anymore except our resident bully Annabelle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ours are Pheazy, Caliope, Charmander, Butters, (The Black) Pearl, and Cinnamon- and I want another pullet that I can name Calypso lol

I have 5 right now, Brownie, Mrs.White, Rosa, Virginia, and Helen, but I'll have 7 new additions on Thursday! I always have to see the animal first before I name them. For example, My Quail, Victoire, Myro, Mossflower, Angela, And Tuxedo-Vulture, are all named after their characters and looks. Victoire is all proper and lady-like, just like 18th century ladies, and Angela, is gorgeous with soft, downy feathers. The name will change if it doesn't fit.

I have 5 right now, Brownie, Mrs.White, Rosa, Virginia, and Helen, but I'll have 7 new additions on Thursday! I always have to see the animal first before I name them. For example, My Quail, Victoire, Myro, Mossflower, Angela, And Tuxedo-Vulture, are all named after their characters and looks. Victoire is all proper and lady-like, just like 18th century ladies, and Angela, is gorgeous with soft, downy feathers. The name will change if it doesn't fit.

We've got 3 roosters...Reggie, Scooter and Gypsy (we thought he was a she, but the name stuck), then our hens are Maybelle, Millie, Melody, Max, Maizie, Sally and Sophie.

Blondie and Dolly - Lt Brahmas
Aida and Mattie - Australorps
Lucile - Bantam EE
The ones listed above are about 10 months old - Lucile closer to a year. I was gone for the whole month of April and when I came home found out that Lucile had been sitting on eggs for a couple of weeks. Since I don't have a roo - nothing was going to happen so I tried slipping a couple of day old chicks under her one night. Next morning the chicks had been kicked out of the nesting box and Lucile wouldn't have anything to do with them so I am now mama to 2 babies that are 2 1/2 weeks old.
Olive and Greenie - Dk Brahma and Frizzle crosses; Olive has olive green legs and Greenie has very green feathers around her face.

I have 5 SS pullets their names are Mabel, Bess, Tess, Betty, Shirley and 3, 3.5 week old that I am still seeing if their names fit them. Gretta, Phoebe and Daphne.

My twenty hens are named Amelia,(Amelian, Mee-wah) Seyda, (Seyder) Six, (Sixtus-my brother named her
roll.png
) Molly, (
Mollis) Sylvia,(Sylvriana) Pippa, (Pippis) Renee, (Reneestus)Cha-Cha, (Chachie) Flower, (Scary HenHen)Sassy, (Sasser-Frasser)Lady, (Lady-Kiss)Yolanda, (Yolandrin, The Broody)Abby, (Minature) Sooty,(Sootis) Becca, (Beccer), Sahara, (Sary) Kayla, (Turkey) Britney, (Brit-Brit) Emily, (Pencil) Tessa, (Tessis) and RIP Morgan (The Velociraptor) Eleanor (The Beautious White Bird) Lily (The Indian Chicken) The nicknames are in pink! I think I spend too much time with my birds...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom