Chicken sitter in Los Angeles

They sure did! I hope my girls live that long...
smile.png

I had one that was 8 years old that recently disappeared. I am not at all happy about that. I think this lady being in LA is what is unique. LA does not offer many places that are right for having chickens.

I had one that was 8 years old that recently disappeared. I am not at all happy about that. I think this lady being in LA is what is unique. LA does not offer many places that are right for having chickens.

I want to be a chicken sitter. I know that any time I want to go out of town its always an issue to find someone who is capable of taking care of my chickens while I am gone.

I'm still trying to figure out where in Los Angeles she could possibly be. I am thinking they used LA generally and she is actually in Encino or an outlying city that would allow chickens. I just can't see liberal LA allowing them!

Actually, chickens are legal throughout the L.A. area and Encino is part of the city of Los Angeles. Here in Burbank, where I live, we are allowed 25 hens (no roos). We are a separate, unincorporated city but Santa Monica to Downtown chickens are legal!

I'm still trying to figure out where in Los Angeles she could possibly be. I am thinking they used LA generally and she is actually in Encino or an outlying city that would allow chickens. I just can't see liberal LA allowing them!

I live right smack in the middle of the city of Los Angeles. The real urban part, just a stones throw from south-central, behind a liquor store. And as long as your coop is 25 feet from your house you can have up to 5 hens (no boys) legally without any sort of permit. Yay for urban chickening! They are actually not as rare as you would think, although not exactly common either.

Back
Top Bottom