chicken snob

Quote:
Was that the show where the crazy lady had that Silkie on a floatie in her pool, and the story of the headless chicken sideshow? Good for you! That show was pretty bad, and Mr. Lewis needs a good dramaturge before he ventures into poultry documentation again.

Quote:
Was that the show where the crazy lady had that Silkie on a floatie in her pool, and the story of the headless chicken sideshow? Good for you! That show was pretty bad, and Mr. Lewis needs a good dramaturge before he ventures into poultry documentation again.

That is him.

Walt

Well, I'm not a snob.
no.gif

I'm just persnickety.
ani_yup.gif
thumbsup.gif

I like to think that I have the best looking EE's around and my black sex links are more unique than your hatchery RedxBR. I guess, I'm not too picky about my own birds, but I do recognise a real breeder's bird when compared to a hatchery bird. Yup I keep some hatchery layers (hatched a dozen roos last spring, it was that or no eggs lol) but I do think they are ugly, poor specimens! You could say I'm snobby about my well-bred mutts!! LoL

Somebody asked me for hatching eggs from my flock. I replied my chickens although pretty weren't breeding quality because they were from a hatchery.

Does that make me a snob?

I am not a chicken snob, but I am a bunny snob. Our chickens are just pretty and for eggs and are pets, however our bunnies are show bunnies, we breed for standard and color.

I reckon I classify as a chicken snob too...lol. Its okay though, its not meant as a bad thing. I been raising and showing chickens for over ten years now. I started with layers, then found out there were poultry shows, well it just exploded from there. I still to this day read up on health and care, ideas people have...never stop learning at the shows.

Back
Top Bottom