Chicken Stories

Y N dottes

Songster
7 Years
Sep 1, 2012
South Central WI
I thought id start thread where people can share different stories about their chickens(maybe theres already one).
Just a place to share interesting stories. It can be happy, funny, sad, embarressing, its ur call
feel free to add pics
Add any if u want.....

I have 3 grape vines in my backyard and my chickens LOVE them! They will jump up into the air and pick a grape off the vine. I decided to pick a cluster and drop the grapes for the chickens. They went nuts! Sometimes the grapes would roll down a small hill and they would chase them forever. And now everywere I go the chickens will follow me! They are like dogs! Gotta love em!

I have a white jersey giant that is 5 yrs. old. His name is Cupcake.. He will come stand beside your chair when you sit outside. He stands and turns his head to one side as if listening to you. And he follows my hubby from the grill to the house door as if he can get any morsels dropped. He even stands beside hubby while he grills!

Cupcake is a bit on the dumb side and we often have to put him in coop at night.
One evening we could not find him and I started searching for him. Found him in the horse trough, standing in water up to his wings. He actually had his head tucked back just like he gave up and was gonna sleep thru it! The water was lukewarm from the heat of summer.. I dried him off and placed him in a crate in garage. Next am I let him out and he acted like nothing ever happened.

Last week I was throwing leftovers off the back deck. I broke up cooked hotdogs into pieces and threw them out also. Chickens were just going crazy for them! I noticed Cupcake had one and was walking funny and shaking his head. I quickly picked him up to discover a piece of hotdog lodged in his throat. He was drooling out the sides of his mouth and very stressed. I picked him up and managed to pull it out of his throat. Why he didn't break it up into bites to eat it? I guess if he is like a cat he has 7 lives left.....

Back
Top Bottom