chicken toys ??

That's funny....my chickens love to drink out of the dogs dishes, too. And my dogs love to eat chicken feed. Go figure!
roll.png

Our run has grassy & weed areas in it. I try to keep the weeds @ bay by pulling some every so often. When I do, the hens are always close at hand to gobble up any bugs I unearth. When I move to another patch of weeds, they are busy seeing what else they can unearth before they follow me to the next patch of weeds. It gives them new areas to scratch around in too.

After we've eaten corn on the cob, we also put in the cobs. The chickens peck them clean!

Last edited:
I have been wondering the same thing, and especially was having problems with my chickens pecking eachother. Plus they just seemed to down and bored. I found a company that sells a toy for chickens and its amazing. My chickens love it, I can hear the bell ring well they peck and eat at it, and get fed at the same time. Its called the chicken ball, the website is http://www.eggcartons.com/Treat-Ball-Chicken-Toy/productinfo/TREAT-BALL/
Only toy i have ever found for chickens!

I bought balls that feed goes inside they roll it around and feed falls out. their most fun treat is a head of cabbage on a string hung in their coop. they devour it everytime

I have frozen corn from last years garden. If I thaw it out maybe they can eat that since I am not going to. This thread had lots of good ideas. I am going to try a mirror for my chicks too.

Back
Top Bottom