chicken toys ??

I just wanted to add that instead of using cabbage I do the same sort of thing with apples. I use fishing line and tie it tight so it cuts through the apple a little and then hang it. It doesn't last as long and I have to take the line down right away but it sure is fun to watch while they are playing with it!!

hencackle-
Thanks for the WEston price link. We are trying to eat as locally & organically as we can here. We split a whole grass fed cow and organic pig with 3 other families and just signed up for a winter CSA of storage vegs, in addition to freezing as much as we could from our little plot. Thanks for the info.
Stacey

Somehow a large plastic tent stake ended up in our run. I was going to take it out but, I noticed the chickens like playing with it.

Funny I was just pondering what else they might like to play with. Thanks for the great ideas!
clap.gif

I hung a cd from fishing line in the coop, it works like a disco ball (they chase the light moving around) and the hens peck at it (their reflection), I think the likely hood of them hanging themselves is about as likely as them drowning in their own water.

i use parrot toys...they are safe for strong parrot beaks...and so, i would assume they are safe for chickens also..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom