Chicken wounded from probable fox attack.

TexB79

Hatching
Sep 22, 2022
Early this morning my chickens were attacked and four of them were killed. One of my survivors has a puncture wound on her leg.

Is there anything I can put on it to help it heal and what signs should I look for if it starts to get infected?

I sprayed the wounds with Blue Kote.

Hello! I'm so sorry! Did the wounds bleed? You should clean them with warm soapy water, then spray with bacitryn. Can you post pictures?

Do you have fish antibiotics?

Yes it did bleed. It’s about a dime size puncture wound. I’ll try to get a picture of it and post it.

Yes it did bleed. It’s about a dime size puncture wound. I’ll try to get a picture of it and post it.
If it bled, that's good. After you clean it, let it dry and then slather with triple antibiotic cream without pain reliever. Keep an eye on it. If you can order a bottle of fish antibiotics, aqua mox is cheap on TSC. If you order today you should get it in three days or so.

Repeat the cleaning and cream twice daily for at least five days.

If it bled, that's good. After you clean it, let it dry and then slather with triple antibiotic cream without pain reliever. Keep an eye on it. If you can order a bottle of fish antibiotics, aqua mox is cheap on TSC. If you order today you should get it in three days or so.

Repeat the cleaning and cream twice daily for at least five days.
Thanks I’ll try that

Back
Top Bottom