Chickenlover200's new chat thread

I'm good. We have been having some rain this week.
yesss.gif
The babies in our incubator will be hatching in about 5 days. I'm getting so anxious, I love to see them hatch!
What has everyone been up to lately?
smile.png

You guys are going through drought, right?

Hooray for those little babies!
ya.gif
I've never done any hatching myself, but I hope to someday.
big_smile.png

Cleaned the coop yesterday, got ice cream today, and spent lots of time with the girls. Same old same old!
tongue.png
What about you?

~Alex

You guys are going through drought, right?

Hooray for those little babies! :ya I've never done any hatching myself, but I hope to someday. :D

Cleaned the coop yesterday, got ice cream today, and spent lots of time with the girls. Same old same old! :p  What about you?

~Alex

Yes we are.

Oh you should! It's soooooo much fun! And the most rewarding part is watching them hatch after all the work you've done.

Ice cream. Yum. :) Well we are starting to look for new homes for our cockerls. I'm trying to put in an advertisement on here but I don't have very much time and I still have to get it up. :/ Why did they decide to be boys? :barnie

Had a game day with a youth group yesterday, volunteered a bit, sold some Hoss's meals as a fundraiser for our other youth group, Came home fed all our animals and crashed.

Haha I often do that a lot and then crash. :rolleyes:

Yes we are.

Oh you should! It's soooooo much fun! And the most rewarding part is watching them hatch after all the work you've done.

Ice cream. Yum.
smile.png
Well we are starting to look for new homes for our cockerls. I'm trying to put in an advertisement on here but I don't have very much time and I still have to get it up.
hmm.png
Why did they decide to be boys?
barnie.gif
I can believe it! It's rewarding enough to raise them into adulthood, but hatching would raise it up to a whole new level.
smile.png

What breeds turned out to be cockerels, again? I have a very bad memory.
tongue.png
I'm so sorry you're having to part with your beautiful little boys.....
hit.gif
I know it's not enough, but please accept a virtual hug.
hugs.gif

~Alex

Had a game day with a youth group yesterday, volunteered a bit, sold some Hoss's meals as a fundraiser for our other youth group, Came home fed all our animals and crashed.

You're quite the busy bee!
big_smile.png
Resting sounds good after such a long day.

Speaking of rest, that's really what I need right now. My little brother (the screamer) kept us up all night last night.
smack.gif
The emoticon says it all.
he.gif
He's 2, soon-to-be 3, for Heaven's sakes! He's WAAAAAYYYYY too old to be up in the middle of the night shouting and yelling.
rant.gif

~Alex

You're quite the busy bee! :D  Resting sounds good after such a long day.

Speaking of rest, that's really what I need right now. My little brother (the screamer) kept us up all night last night. :smack The emoticon says it all. :he  He's 2, soon-to-be 3, for Heaven's sakes! He's WAAAAAYYYYY too old to be up in the middle of the night shouting and yelling. :rant

~Alex
:lau
Mine yells all day and part of the night and he's 6! :oops: we had a big fight today and I'm not talking to him... A little bit, but not a lot... I forgive him, but he keeps lying about everything I say and threatening me *sigh* why did God invent brothers? :gig

Quote:
Yes it certainly is! The very first time I did it I was very inexperienced so none of them formed, but the second time I had done all of my research and stuff so we gave it a go again. We put 4 eggs in and 3 hatched! The other one never formed, but for my first time and I got three, I was so excited, seeing all of your hard efforts and time and seeing them hatch is so rewarding. Watching baby chicks hatch in front of you is so exciting and breathtaking too! Now we have two hens from that first batch, and they have been laying their own eggs for a year now! (3rd one was a roo) It's just absolutely an amazing experience!

New Hampshire Red
EE
EE bantam
Black copper maroon
3 silkies
light brahma
These are the ones i'm positive of. Some others are suspicious, but we are going to wait until we are sure. The new hamp. and ee bantam are already starting to crow and the new hamp. has shiny rooster feathers!
ep.gif
Their only 2 months old!!! Aww thanks.
hugs.gif

Yes we are.

Ice cream. Yum. :) Well we are starting to look for new homes for our cockerls. I'm trying to put in an advertisement on here but I don't have very much time and I still have to get it up. :/ Why did they decide to be boys? :barnie

I can believe it! It's rewarding enough to raise them into adulthood, but hatching would raise it up to a whole new level. :)

What breeds turned out to be cockerels, again? I have a very bad memory. :p  I'm so sorry you're having to part with your beautiful little boys.....:hit  I know it's not enough, but please accept a virtual hug. :hugs

~Alex

Yes it certainly is! The very first time I did it I was very inexperienced so none of them formed, but the second time I had done all of my research and stuff so we gave it a go again. We put 4 eggs in and 3 hatched! The other one never formed, but for my first time and I got three, I was so excited, seeing all of your hard efforts and time and seeing them hatch is so rewarding. Watching baby chicks hatch in front of you is so exciting and breathtaking too! Now we have two hens from that first batch, and they have been laying their own eggs for a year now! (3rd one was a roo) It's just absolutely an amazing experience! 

New Hampshire Red
EE
EE bantam
Black copper maroon
3 silkies 
light brahma
These are the ones i'm positive of. Some others are suspicious, but we are going to wait until we are sure. The new hamp. and ee bantam are already starting to crow and the new hamp. has shiny rooster feathers! :eek:  Their only 2 months old!!! Aww thanks. :hugs
Thats a lot of roosters! That's why I don't hatch... I would be attached to the little roos :/

@ChickenLover200 actually I did not hatch these. I ordered them, and I requested all to be females! It was such a let down because usually these guys are really good at sexing chicks.

@ChickenLover200 actually I did not hatch these. I ordered them, and I requested all to be females! It was such a let down because usually these guys are really good at sexing chicks.
Ah. Oops. Either way, that's why I don't hatch :gig I'm afraid I'll end up with dozens of roosters. I'm also afraid to breed my sheep because rams have to go and they'll be eaten...

Back
Top Bottom