Chickenlover200's new chat thread

Anyone join in! Hoping to get this thread as busy as my old one!
big_smile.png

What was you're old one?

lau.gif

Mine yells all day and part of the night and he's 6!
hide.gif
we had a big fight today and I'm not talking to him... A little bit, but not a lot... I forgive him, but he keeps lying about everything I say and threatening me *sigh* why did God invent brothers?
gig.gif

Ha ha!
lau.gif
I'm so sorry.....*pat on the back* Brothers are something else.
roll.png

Yes it certainly is! The very first time I did it I was very inexperienced so none of them formed, but the second time I had done all of my research and stuff so we gave it a go again. We put 4 eggs in and 3 hatched! The other one never formed, but for my first time and I got three, I was so excited, seeing all of your hard efforts and time and seeing them hatch is so rewarding. Watching baby chicks hatch in front of you is so exciting and breathtaking too! Now we have two hens from that first batch, and they have been laying their own eggs for a year now! (3rd one was a roo) It's just absolutely an amazing experience!

New Hampshire Red
EE
EE bantam
Black copper maroon
3 silkies
light brahma
These are the ones i'm positive of. Some others are suspicious, but we are going to wait until we are sure. The new hamp. and ee bantam are already starting to crow and the new hamp. has shiny rooster feathers!
ep.gif
Their only 2 months old!!! Aww thanks.
hugs.gif

My mom will be wanting to hatch from her boys, so we'll hopefully be doing some soon.
smile.png

Oh dear, those are some great breeds.
hit.gif
I'm so sorry!

~Alex

Long lost lol

Just ChickenLover200's chat thread (my original)

Then one titled like this, then this one.

All the people who used to be there never seem to log on anymore :idunno :(

Thats to bad:(

Yeah.
@ilovemysilkie was one. Wish you'd come back Rhiannon! We miss you! :)

Have to go feed the animals *yawn* I'm exhausted.

@ChickenLover200 actually I did not hatch these. I ordered them, and I requested all to be females! It was such a let down because usually these guys are really good at sexing chicks.
Ah. Oops. Either way, that's why I don't hatch :gig I'm afraid I'll end up with dozens of roosters. I'm also afraid to breed my sheep because rams have to go and they'll be eaten...

No, yeah I understand. We occasionally hatch, but every time we get tons of Roos! One time we got 3 Roos and one hen, and another time we got all Roos! I have been doing a bit of experimenting lately, and people have been talking a lot about this too. So here's what what everybody's thinking, pointy eggs are males, and more rounded eggs are females. They say if you put ten pointy eggs in you'll likely get one hen, and vise' versa. It's really cool, because if I remember correctly I put in rounded eggs on my first batch and I got two females and one male, all of my other hatches I put in pointy eggs so that's why I got so many Roos! The batch that's in my incubator now are rounded eggs, so I can't wait to see what results are. :fl :)

Last edited:
@ChickenLover200 actually I did not hatch these. I ordered them, and I requested all to be females! It was such a let down because usually these guys are really good at sexing chicks.
Ah. Oops. Either way, that's why I don't hatch :gig I'm afraid I'll end up with dozens of roosters. I'm also afraid to breed my sheep because rams have to go and they'll be eaten...

No, yeah I understand. We occasionally hatch, but every time we get tons of Roos! One time we got 3 Roos and one hen, and another time we got all Roos! I have been doing a bit of experimenting lately, and people have been talking a lot about this too. So here's what what everybody's thinking, pointy eggs are males, and more rounded eggs are females. They say if you put ten pointy eggs in you'll likely get one hen, and vise' versa. It's really cool, because if I remember correctly I put in rounded eggs on my first batch and I got two females and one male, all of my other hatches I put in pointy eggs so that's why I got so many Roos! The batch that's in my incubator now are rounded eggs, so I can't wait to see what results are. :fl :)
Have you seen that poll thing on the homepage? I was just checking that out... That would be cool if that really is accurate. It sounds like it is... I wonder if hatcheries keep this secret from us? :lau

Have you seen that poll thing on the homepage? I was just checking that out... That would be cool if that really is accurate. It sounds like it is... I wonder if hatcheries keep this secret from us? :lau

Yes I did. I'm waiting for my chicks to hatch so I can give my feedback. :lau Hmm, I never thought of that before, you know they just might! :eek: Because some hatcheries say they literally count their eggs before they're laid.

Yes I did. I'm waiting for my chicks to hatch so I can give my feedback. :lau Hmm, I never thought of that before, you know they just might! :eek: Because some hatcheries say they literally count their eggs before they're laid.
I can see this on the news someday... "The secrets that chicken hatcheries kept from us"

I can see this on the news someday... "The secrets that chicken hatcheries kept from us"

:lau well at least we know about it now, so maybe we can start hatching our own eggs and just rehome the rooster we get here and there. Hatcheries will run out of buisness if this gets out. :p

Back
Top Bottom