Chickenlover200's new chat thread

Quote:
He's a golden campine. Aren't they usually "loud"?

No clue about the roos, but Alex is pretty chatty.
smile.png
She's not usually that loud unless she's laying.

~Alex

Last edited:
Hu that's weird. I don't know anything about that breed except that they are super pretty! Maybe he's just shy and docile and doesn't have a rooster crow gene in him? lol

Did some reserach and apparently it isn't uncommon for roosters in general to not crow. I guess if they aren't dominant, they don't crow :idunno first I heard of this. :p

I haven't either. I've had a lot of roosters and they all crow. Weird. Well if you move to the city you won't have to worry about finding him a new home. :p

CL! I think I might know why your "rooster" might not be crowing. I was reading this thread about an agressive hen, and look what someone said.

Is she growing to look masculine?  Crowing?  Sometimes hens develop an ovarian tumor, or something, and start to act and look like roosters.  Not a good thing either.  Mary

Do you think this could possibly be what's going on and it's doing this but just not crowing???

CL! I think I might know why your "rooster" might not be crowing. I was reading this thread about an agressive hen, and look what someone said.

Is she growing to look masculine?  Crowing?  Sometimes hens develop an ovarian tumor, or something, and start to act and look like roosters.  Not a good thing either.  Mary

Do you think this could possibly be what's going on and it's doing this but just not crowing???
I don't know.... Because I always thought he was a rooster... And he's never ever gone in a nest. It's so hard to tell with Campine since both genders are hen feathred.e. the comb just seems so huge to be a hen.... :idunno

I don't know.... Because I always thought he was a rooster... And he's never ever gone in a nest. It's so hard to tell with Campine since both genders are hen feathred.e. the comb just seems so huge to be a hen.... :idunno

Hu ok, well he probably is a roo and maybe is just doing what you said earlier.
Is he dominated your girls? Because if so and if he's actually mating with them he's a deffinte boy.

Back
Top Bottom