Chickens are taking over my life...

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.

She has severe dementia and I care for her full-time. It's a lot and I didn't think I had to bandwidth to take on the chickens.
I know exactly what you are going through. My loved one with severe AD will be entering hospice care today.
I will get back to my real life at some point.
It takes a lot longer than you realize. Recovery is a long, bumpy unpredictable road.

Trust me when I tell you that the gift of those chickens will be one of the best gifts you've ever been given. My chickens and my dogs have helped me through some very dark places and difficult times. I think you will have them always as they bring such a simple pure joy by watching them just being them.

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow I loved your pictures, especially those with the pomeranian peeking. :love Those are such cute chicks!!

Be very careful though like @Jenbirdee said.

I've had a pom in the past and know if your back is turned...

As others have said, these chickens/chicks can be helpful/therapeutic to both you and your mom. I wish you well with all you are doing and glad you're here! ☺️

Welcome. Your chickens are very cute. They could be therapy chickens for your Mom. What do you mean when you say a roo could get your flock culled?
I live in a town that will not allow Roosters. Maude's new name is Mad. He officially started crowing this morning. I think I found a Rooster rescue to bring him to. I have a neighbor I am going to need to persuade not to call the city on me. The rescue only takes birds on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom