Chickens ate all the garden plants/cover crop

"The first thing that comes up" is an extremely low bar to go by and present as evidence, or form an opinion. The internet is a vast sea of information, a lot of which misleading or plain wrong. We need to filter it somehow, not grab the first thing. This is a very important life skill.

"The first thing that comes up" is an extremely low bar to go by and present as evidence, or form an opinion. The internet is a vast sea of information, a lot of which misleading or plain wrong. We need to filter it somehow, not grab the first thing. This is a very important life skill.
Screenshot_20230208-145907_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20230208-152303_Messages.jpg

I just have a hard time taking a source seriously if its headline says “Why have Chickens Have Stopped Laying Any Eggs?” I mean, if you can’t construct a coherent headline, how can I trust anything else you have to say? Check your sources. Casportpony’s link explaining the chicken feed conspiracies is a good starting point.

From Oct-Jan we have provided several sources of additional protein, mainly in the form of deer carcasses, fish, and what's left over from processing rabbits. the additional protein has been pretty consistent being 2x a week something extra is provided.
What has been concerning to me is, we do this every year, and have never had them decimate the garden like this. I keep a few hundred pounds of corn on hand as a treat, mainly during the coldest months. Up until it got cold, I was fermenting their feed. now they get the dry pellets until I can ferment again.

Back
Top Bottom