Chickens, ducks and ringworms

Salty Cookie

Chirping
Apr 10, 2020
Hi! I just saw ringworms in my rooster's poop. I have Combantrin (pyrantel pamoate 125g) tablets that treats humans for pinworms and roundworms and ivermectin pour-on for cattle. Should I treat chickens with ivermectin? Or combantrin??? I should treat ducks, too, as they share the same area when they are free range?

Hi! I just saw ringworms in my rooster's poop. I have Combantrin (pyrantel pamoate 125g) tablets that treats humans for pinworms and roundworms and ivermectin pour-on for cattle. Should I treat chickens with ivermectin? Or combantrin??? I should treat ducks, too, as they share the same area when they are free range?
Do you mean roundworms?

Ringworm is a fungus, not a worm.

If it's large roundworms, I recommend Pyrantel Pamoate. I only know the dosage for the liquid Pyrantel Pamoate for dogs. It will treat the 3 major types of roundworms in poultry. I've never used the tablets.

Ringworm is a fungus, not a worm.

If it's large roundworms, I recommend Pyrantel Pamoate. I only know the dosage for the liquid Pyrantel Pamoate for dogs. It will treat the 3 major types of roundworms in poultry. I've never used the tablets.
Thank you! Excuse me of my typing mistake. I put roundworm and pinworm together and said ringworm I guess... what I mean is roundworm. It was a small one. I called the vet but they didn't help me, so I got Pyrantel Pamoate for humans yesterday. It is a tablet form (one tablet contains 125mg.) I found a website that says 7mg Pyrantel Pamoate per kg for chickens. So I crushed it into small pieces and gave the dosage to each chicken. Should I give it to ducks, too?

Back
Top Bottom