Chickens for 10-20 years or more? Pull up a rockin' chair and lay some wisdom on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok folks Sorry gotta run, got my honey do list in hand and gonna make a run to town, I will be back later and Fred and others we can continue this soon OK, I won't leave you hanging.

Looks like a bag of really sad oranges.
duc.gif

Can I ask about boiling your fresh eggs here or should I go over to the food thread? I have to make some deviled eggs and I've only once tried to hard boil these suckers, which was quite the fun! Anyone have a good idea for me or should I head over there?
smile.png

I have found that the better birds seem to come from the ones incubated and brooded by the mommie, but it is not efficient if you want a lot of birds. Be careful if you use the spiral plastic bands without numbers. They can cut a leg. Use colored cable ties for quick recognition. Al will tell you the rest. Just wanted to be sure that you didn't use the plastic wire spirals without a heads up.

Walt

So, colored zip ties, same - same. Great idea. I like this. I would assume room for growth and then cut and re-do once a month or so? These too could potentially cut into them during unchecked growth spurts.

Walt, you can't beat a good broody. But, you can't quite predict them or time them as well either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom