Chickens for 10-20 years or more? Pull up a rockin' chair and lay some wisdom on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for you old timers. I have a EE roo that's around 4 months old hes in run with 6 pullets same age he's grabbing them like crazy by their necks. I haven't noticed any bare spots. Is this normal for a young roo?

I'm no OT but I have a 6 month old EE roo and boy he is NOT good at the mating thing. He is ripping feathers out of their necks and man he is getting beat up by my year old girls. I'm not sure when he is gonna learn what to do but I hope it's soon. Good grief. These poor girls look awful.

Also I would like to report this same rooster decided he as going to mount the hens face??? Is this just a stupid rooster or something :rolleyes:

It's a young rooster thing....they are very eager but not skilled. Give them time....it all gets sorted out eventually and instinct kicks in.
tongue.png

I am NOT very happy with this thread.....I read all 4,084 posts, took notes, watched the incubation video got to know you folks just by reading your posts. Loved it because I like being around OT's, always have. But then I went to another thread and what did I see but a bunch of whiny chicken huggers talking about putting stuffed animals in their brooders and keeping their chickens in the living room. I kept thinking, 'what would Al say about this?' or 'Man, Fred would hate this'. My point is....you've all ruined me from reading other threads! I suppose I'll just have to pull up a chair and keep hanging out with you OTs and the other newbies that have discovered where the REAL information can be gathered! Thanks for all of your help and for sharing your coops with me. I'm brooding my first flock now and I've had all of my many, many questions answered here.

lau.gif
We should have T shirts made up..."What would Fred do?" or "What would Al say?" It could go viral!!! Al~The Rooster Whisperer, on NatGeoWild!!!! Imagine it!
cool.png
He could talk about balance....as in making sure you are balanced well on one foot while you use the other to boot yer roo back to being mannerly. He could travel the world rehabilitating roos and training people....

lau.gif
We should have T shirts made up..."What would Fred do?" or "What would Al say?" It could go viral!!! Al~The Rooster Whisperer, on NatGeoWild!!!! Imagine it!
cool.png
He could talk about balance....as in making sure you are balanced well on one foot while you use the other to boot yer roo back to being mannerly. He could travel the world rehabilitating roos and training people....
And the ones he couldn't "rehabilitate" he could show tasty ways to prepare them.

It's a young rooster thing....they are very eager but not skilled.  Give them time....it all gets sorted out eventually and instinct kicks in.  :p

I kept him out of all the others because he was timid to the older gals and also because he didn't try to challenge my tophat rooster who was the only one I had with 40 older gals lol. But I gotta say he is a slow learner dang....l :lol:

So the fact that some of my gals have a halo of feathers missin isn't anything to worry about? My older rooster grabs the girls but never pulls feathers. These girls fight this poor roo

Time...time will cover the bare spots at the back of the head. It happens each time I introduce a new, young roo to the flock but they get better with practice....unlike many male humans.
wink.png
gig.gif

Last edited:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAA uh oh that's gonna start up some debate. Ha ha ha I can't wait for the following comments :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom