Chickens keep going into neighbor's yard

Attachments

• PXL_20230119_182524742_2.jpg
    PXL_20230119_182524742_2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20230119_182501470_2.jpg
    PXL_20230119_182501470_2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Your neighbors property is a chicken magnite because it has cover from elements and aerial predators, quality foraging area in terms of the mulch below the trees, and the "edge effect". Chickens love edges as they are the most productive places to eat and provide other resources. What does the other side of your property provide?

Your neighbors property is a chicken magnite because it has cover from elements and aerial predators, quality foraging area in terms of the mulch below the trees, and the "edge effect". Chickens love edges as they are the most productive places to eat and provide other resources. What does the other side of your property provide?
I have woods, open fields, etc. Edges everywhere!

Have you considered Premier electric fencing with some bird netting on top to deter aerial predators? Provides good predator protection, keeps chickens in place, large area they can roam around in, and you can move it periodically to give them new foraging grounds. If you can extend it from the run exit, extra bonus points.
Yea I have I just was hoping not to do fencing but that may be my only choice until whatever is in my neighbor's yard stops being so enticing.

Back
Top Bottom