Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
this heat has been brutal on the animals, even I have lost a few to it. it doesn get easier.
sorry for your loss.

A friend and i did a meat-bird project at her place. We just had them processed today, but we had lost 3 a few days ago, they just dropped dead. I am SURE it was the heat.
sad.png
sucks to lose birds though.
sad.png

Oh, by the way, my extra rooster has found a home---in my freezer!
wink.png
Had him done with the meaties today. I figured, why not? If not mine, he'd probably end up in someone else's freezer along with other extra roos!
tongue.png

Last edited:
We aren't going to be able to make it tomorrow
sad.png

I have not been feeling very well at all today, think it's just from the heat. Going back to bed now....

Quote:
This weather really stinks. Hope you feel better soon, though the weather won't get better for a while.

So you're getting David's buffs? I think I'll be getting his BBS.

Quote:
OK, so I am getting the red cochin hen from you and the chicks right?? I need to see how many cages I have to bring. Probably more than I planned to because I am sure there will be more that I have to come home with! haha

I am bringing the chicks I promised...a few guineas...the last of my quail chicks....4 Muscovy hens all are almost 1yr old....maybe some bunnies & a Sicilian Buttercup hen...

I won't be able to make it today. I woke up this morning to tragedy in the coop. My automatic door closed on my two new Polishes who were apparently roosting in the door way and they weren't smart or quick enough to get out of the way. I am devestated.
sad.png
Just when I thought I was done learning everything about chicken-raising the hard way...

Abby, I'll try to get your Ameraucana to you next weekend.

Quote:
Oh how tragic! I had wondered about that ever happening with those auto openers, and I gues it can. They need to have a safety feature like a garage door that is something is in the way, the sensor will not let the door close down. Sorry for your looses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom