Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Gypsy, i thought i emailed you, but maybe i forgot too....very likely, as i've been SO BUSY lately, my brain is about to explode i think!
tongue.png
Anyway, we can NOT make it to Shay's this weekend on the 18th. We have to go to Maine to get my two oldest boys from thier grandparents.

We definitely plan to make it to Milford Blue Seal on the 24th. and i will probably bring 2-3 Serama chicks to that swap (of course my kids will hate me for letting the little cuties go, but we really can't keep everyone). All my Seramas are pet quality, though i am told it's still possible to get a really good quality bird from them---i am just not the one to make that judgement.

Anyway, can i plan to get the ducks on the 24th? I'm thinking i already asked that and you said yes, but now i am not sure if i dreamed it! LOL Oh ,and can you tell yet if they are male/female yet? A pair would be great, two hens would be awesome, but i am not sure about two drakes? I still have much to learn about ducks. The electric fencing to protect them from the #*&! coon has been a huge challenge for me! Thanks!

Ok peeps looks like we will have a hot day on sunday, remember precoutions with the birds, animals.
if you have tents to set up dont forget them, if you need help to set one up just holla i know there are lots of freindly folks here that will help.
thumbsup.gif

if traveling a good distance good idea to put in there cages a bottle of frozen water so they will be cool dureing the ride.
when you get here when your bottles un freeze i can through in freezer so you will have the frozen bottles water for the ride home to.
well ventilated cages is an A+ on these hot hot days.

we will have the hose set up where everyone can find it and use it. Please keep all birds, animals with water all day.
wink.png

Hi, just found this thread....I live in western MA, and am thinking of dropping by....Does anyone have any LF faverolles, or true ameracanas pullets or chicks that they will be selling? If so I would be interested!!! thanks!

Quote:
Gypsy, i thought i emailed you, but maybe i forgot too....very likely, as i've been SO BUSY lately, my brain is about to explode i think!
tongue.png
Anyway, we can NOT make it to Shay's this weekend on the 18th. We have to go to Maine to get my two oldest boys from thier grandparents.

We definitely plan to make it to Milford Blue Seal on the 24th. and i will probably bring 2-3 Serama chicks to that swap (of course my kids will hate me for letting the little cuties go, but we really can't keep everyone). All my Seramas are pet quality, though i am told it's still possible to get a really good quality bird from them---i am just not the one to make that judgement.

Anyway, can i plan to get the ducks on the 24th? I'm thinking i already asked that and you said yes, but now i am not sure if i dreamed it! LOL Oh ,and can you tell yet if they are male/female yet? A pair would be great, two hens would be awesome, but i am not sure about two drakes? I still have much to learn about ducks. The electric fencing to protect them from the #*&! coon has been a huge challenge for me! Thanks!

UGH your not theone brain dead Abby its me, what a duh, you did email, I did say yes to the 24th and I think I m picking up a bird for you right?
ugh too much emotional stress right now going to make me explode into 1000 pieces.
meds not helping a bit either,
yes i will bring the ducks on the 24th, right now I am thinking every last duck out there is HEN, all are at an age where drake feathers should have come in weeks ago and there are no curlies.
good for selling bad for ducklings lol now I have to scramble to find an american Buff Drake
barnie.gif

We will have a suprise b-day cake for my mom on sunday , i figured around 12 ish or so.
it is a surprise so she does not know about it, we figured we get everyone gathered around a table we she can not see the table, and then when hubby brings her over he will say ok someone comeing through, or something like that, then everyone open up to let her see and she will see a lighted b-day cake a couple of balloons and everyone sighning happy birthday to her, ( nobody has to) just think it will be cute for her. haha, and boy watch her face , hehe

Quote:
lol your going to make her cry.
I love this idea for the surprise.

lol, i know, lol
she is sooo not expecting it.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
tongue.png

UGH your not theone brain dead Abby its me, what a duh, you did email, I did say yes to the 24th and I think I m picking up a bird for you right?
ugh too much emotional stress right now going to make me explode into 1000 pieces.
meds not helping a bit either,
yes i will bring the ducks on the 24th, right now I am thinking every last duck out there is HEN, all are at an age where drake feathers should have come in weeks ago and there are no curlies.
good for selling bad for ducklings lol now I have to scramble to find an american Buff Drake
barnie.gif

OK, LOL! And yes you are picking up an ameraucana hen for me from Muffi at Shays. On the ducks, hens mean more eggs---i actually have someone asking for duck eggs! Of course, mine need to start laying. I got 2 east indies (both thought to be hens) from Barb from a friend of hers for next to nothing. I 've also been offered a 3 yr old drake and an older hen that must go together. And then 2 from you---that probably should be plenty for the space we have. I'm working on a bigger house for them, but the old big dog house i wanted to convert is not looking like it will end up being usable. It's double wall construction, and It had a snake nest inside the walls, mice nests, hornet nests, ant nests, and all kinds of boring bugs, but that isn't the worst of it. It appears that the dog didn't care to go outside to do his business, so there is old poop inside and the walls are all pee-damaged on the inside. The builder use all kinds of scrap wood, so their really isn't big enough pieces of anything to reuse. i think we are going to end up burning the wood and starting over. At this rate i won't get my own house resided this year----but i really need to do it.
tongue.png
So i know all about losing my mind! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom