Chickies, Chickies, Chickies!! Meet the new additions! (Pic heavy!)

Oh, oh, look at the time! Well, clearly it's been kind of crazy here, and I just realized that I missed my poor babies' 9 month hatchday. :hit But I ran out and got pictures as soon as I realized, so today, I'll be posting their 9 month and 2 day old pictures! Close enough, right?

I first want to say that as much as I've been trying to keep the coop clean, a lot of their droppings have frozen solid to the floor and the perches. So please don't mind our mess. I will be giving the coop a major clean up over spring break, which happens to be the same week as their 10 month hatchday, so hopefully the coop will be cleaner next time! :fl

Now, for their 9 month (and 2 day) pictures!

Huka, who has decided to sleep in the rafters with the Sebrights that started the trend, the Easter-eggers that copied them, and the Barred Rock that joins them every winter as well:

A molting Ihi:

A grumpy Marama

Big boy Po:

Rangi half-wattle, who was on my shoulder while I was getting Mr. Po's picture. :rolleyes:

Roha the ham:

A very uncooperative Whiri:

And Marge, who is closer to 10 months old, of course:

And I have bunches more pictures, but before I upload them, I've got to run outside and get these girls in for the night!!

Okay, here we are. Some close ups of the young ladies (and man):

Lovely Huka and her bushy eyebrows:

Ihi the pinhead, looking like a mess in the middle of her molt:

Here's Marama's grumpy face. Again.

Mr. Po:

Rangi!!:

Roha's sweetie face. :love

Whiri looking curious:

And Margie, pecking through the shavings in the addition:

And just a few more to finish up here. :D

Roha and Marama, huddled at the very top of the perches. It's amazing how effectively they can make a leg disappear!

Roha again. What can I say, she's a ham. :lol:

For St. Valentine's Day, here's Margie and Mr. Po:

These two seem inseparable. :love

And finally, Freema, who is not from this group of young ladies, but she was stalking me while I was taking pictures of them so I had to get her in, too. :)

Last edited:
Afternoon, everyone! My babies are 10 months old today! :weee

Over the course of the last month, Huka finally began laying. I don't know for sure when, though, because she laid her first egg under the boxes and I found it I don't know how many days later. But, that means that... All my babies are grown up! :hit But I suppose that's okay because I'll have little biddies running around in 68 days!!

So, the focus of the post! My babies! :D

Miss Huka, uncooperative as always. :rolleyes:

Ihi, who has finally regrown her lovely fan-tail:

Sassy Marama:

Big boy Po. I love this little guy! He broke up a spat between two of the Sebright hens the other day, but he was so gentle and calm while he did. Then I caught him finding treats for the girls yesterday, before we got snowed in again. :love He's turned out to be such a good boy!

Rangi using her best innocent look:

My sweetie, Roha:

The beautiful Whiri:

And Marge, fresh off of brooding (again), at closer to 11 months old:

Last edited:
Huka and her bushy eyebrows:

Ihi--I love her eyes! :love

Marama's still giving the grump face:

Mr. Po:

Rangi half-wattle:

Roha looking for some love:

My lovely Whiri. Her comb was actually flopped to the left for a while over the past month. I guess she decided she preferred it to the right. :lol:

Margie. The girls are getting stir-crazy with this long winter and my poor Margie's crest has been the target of some pecking. :(

Back
Top Bottom