Chickies, Chickies, Chickies!! Meet the new additions! (Pic heavy!)

They opened up orders this evening, so I reserved what I could! They haven't put up the 2014 hatch dates for Dorkings yet, so I'm waiting anxiously to try and get one of them claimed. Legbars aren't even on their site yet, so I don't know what's up with them! Still hoping I can get one on order! So thus far, all I know is that I'll have 2 black copper Marans and 1 Welsummer next year! :D They're due May 19!!

They opened up orders this evening, so I reserved what I could! They haven't put up the 2014 hatch dates for Dorkings yet, so I'm waiting anxiously to try and get one of them claimed. Legbars aren't even on their site yet, so I don't know what's up with them! Still hoping I can get one on order! So thus far, all I know is that I'll have 2 black copper Marans and 1 Welsummer next year!
big_smile.png
They're due May 19!!
That's awesome!!!!

How did you reserve them? just do our normal order and pay? I was on there yesterday to Kristin. Go figure... LOLOL. I want 2 more Sultans for sure (no hatch date yet) I really want an olive egger. so far in my basket I have a blue Ameraucana, Barnevelder. never had the Barnevelder breed before. I just love the Sultans sooooo much I really want more of them. 'Bird leaves them alone too, I am so surprised.

OMGOMGOMG!!! Never mind... I just got my order to go through. WOW they are changing dates and adding stuff daily!!!!!
I ended up with:

2 white Sultans
1 Barnevelder
1 EE.

Order placed, paid, and pick up March 24th!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Aw, can't wait!! :D

We gave Meyer a call in regards to the Cream Legbars and Silver Gray Dorkings. Do you know what they are charging for the Legbars?! $49!! :th My mom says I should go for it, but $49 for one chick?! I don't know about that! So I know someone not too far away that I believe has Legbars (the same fellow that I got Margie from) and I'm going to see what he charges per chick and if he can hatch out some around the same time as I'll be picking up my Meyer babies. I'm hoping he'll sell just the pullets. At the very least, I'm betting he won't be selling them at $49 each! At any rate, we were told to keep checking back for other breeds (including the Dorkings) to become available! I want my Dorking!!

Anyway, I have some news in regards to this year's youngsters. We've had some rain over the past day or two, and young Mr. Po's pen turned into a mud pit. Poor guy has mud all over in his leg feathers and up his front. I was figuring I'd have to move him to get his pen out of the mud anyway, so I opened it up and let him go loose.

He is doing surprisingly well! The pullets are standing up for themselves and the big girls--who, unfortunately for Po are motling and in bad moods anyway--are keeping him on his toes. He has not yet initiated a fight, which I think is a good sign. He has finished a few fights, though, that the big girls started. He won't, however, fight Fancy, my Partridge Rock, who takes offense at his very existence.

At this point, I'm willing to give him another chance and maybe one last chance next spring if he gets too rough with the girls now. However, if he attacks me or anyone in my family at any point, he's out. No human aggression allowed. For now, though, he is tentatively in the flock again--that is, he's on his probation period. :lol:

Last edited:
I took some pictures today, mostly because I wanted updated pictures of Po, but I went ahead and got at least one picture for all the young ladies. :) They are just under 28 weeks old, except Marge, who is right around 7 months old, I think?

Here is Mr. Po:

I'm very pleased with how he has been doing. He's been very alert while watching over the girls, he hasn't been harassing the hens, and he's been keeping a respectful distance between himself and me. I did discover one thing I hadn't thought of in regards to him rejoining the flock, though--he began crowing at about 5 am, right through the baby monitor in the coop! :th Luckily for me, he crowed about 3 times and then went silent again.

He's still just a little guy--even Marge is bigger than him!

Here's a picture on a different setting to show the nice green sheen he has:

And moving on, here's the lovely Huka:

Silly Rangi :rolleyes:

Roha, coming in for her close up:

Whiri, for whose beauty there just aren't enough words to describe. :love

Ihi with those striking eyes!

Marama, working the dramatic eyeshadow:

And Marge, the cutest (and sassiest!) little fluffball in the flock:

And to finish off, here is Marama standing in the pop door of the coop addition, demanding better service. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom