Chigger bites! Help?!

Misery loves company, I have them too:-( Still, I try to avoid getting more bites by spraying myself with repellent each time I go out. Your doctor can give you a shot for the itch, and pills to take at night so you can sleep. I am so tired of bugs.

I use to swear by the nail polish too then someone told me it didn't really work because the chigger wasn't in the skin. So I looked it up online and found out it is true. Maybe the polish just helps with the itching.
hu.gif

http://www.pestproducts.com/chiggers.htm

They must love blackberries! I got 89....yes 89 (DH counted them) up and down my legs while picking blackberries. The do bore into you skin and stay there until they've had their fill, then they drop out. While they are in you skin the release toxins that are very irritating, and can even make you sick if you have enough of them at one time. The chigger rid my DH bought over the counter seemed to help, although it was basically clear nail polish with camphor in it. It was thicker than normal nail polish. The idea is, the chiggers have to breath by sticking a portion of their body out of you skin, if it's covered with nail polish they can't get any air and they drop out. it's the 3only thing that works to make them leave.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chigger

Last edited:
An old farmer once told me to spray the area with windex. The ammonia will kill the itch. It helped, but you had to keep doing it.

I'm so sorry. Chiggars make you want to rip your skin off.

Wow, lots of good suggestions,thanks! I did read up on them and the medical sites insist they don't burry into you, they just insert a microscopic feeding tube
sickbyc.gif
and that's what stays in you and makes you itch. The info I read said they are very delicate actually and are easily washed off of you which I did, thoroughly. It's just that feeding tube that hangs around and nothing for it but to wait for your body to process it, and scratch like the dickens while you wait. I'll be heading to cvs momentarily. I think I'll buy all of it
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom