Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (A Shape Shifting RP)

Donella nodded, coming in to grab her keys "I'm ready" She said softly

Andorra grinned widely and skipped to the door to open it for them. She looked to Lucy(?) as she did so stating, "Yep, definitely better to have safety in numbers. You coming with or going your own way?"
Lucy followed them out into the hall. “No way I’m going alone,” she said, shaking her head vigorously at Andorra’s question. “I’d hate to die before breakfast.”

Irene smiled thoughtfully and collected the details of her birthplace. "My home was on a much different island. Ireland to be exact. It's the green jewel of the North Atlantic...or the Emerald Isle as some may call it. My organs is in a town called Dublin. It is on Ireland's East Coast. It's a lively capital city that's as intimate as a village and as friendly as my uncle's pub. A place I was working to help my mum pay the bills. I loved to talk with the tourists. The world was ever-expanding to me with their every conversation. The Americas were a particular interest of mine. I dreamed of traveling there sometimes. But I couldn't....." She paused with a sigh and some of the fondness in her remembrance dissipated. "I don't know what may have become of my mum now. Her health was failing and without me there to care for her.... I'm sorry Priam, those memories are a little bitter sweet for me and the uncertainty is the worst part. Don't get me wrong , I like what I've become. It's just the cost to others and the guilt I carry with me for thriving here."
~●~
"Says the lion with a death wish, but you're a big boy Hairspray and apparently foolhardy." Ashton said as she tried to sound less relived then his words made her feel. She'd stuck her neck out for Allen with Madison and that was a first for her. Well, in exception to Gideon, it was. She sharpened her gaze on Allen as he circled her and noted his almost smug smirk he was failing miserably to hide. She took an exaggerated breath and stated in an attempt to downplay the sentiment of the moment, " Very noble of you to choose to hang around with a toxic toad at great peril to yourself. Now should I expect Lifetime to call me for the movie rights or can we move about our day uninhibited by litigations of royalties?"
~●~
Dyrus pulled into the garage and parked in his usual spot before cutting the engine. "Sadly all plants wake at dawns first light. For that's when photosynthesis begins. Thankfully it's a silent process." He said in a humorous tone as he opened his door.
(Organs? :lau )

Priam listened in rapt attention as she described her homeland. He’d certainly heard of Ireland, and Dublin, but had never been there, so it was akin to hearing about some far off, beautiful land. The way her face lit up while talking about it and her uncle’s pub was refreshing and lovely, although it saddened him to know she’d likely never see it again. “There is nothing to apologize for,” he said, reaching across the bed to give her hand a comforting squeeze. “You didn’t choose to be uprooted from your home—taken from all you know. It’s more than natural to feel conflicted. I just hope you don’t hold yourself to blame for whatever happened and has happened.”
“Call me foolhardy, but I’ve managed to survive this long in this hole,” Allen said with a grin. He observed her as she talked, noting the shift in countenance, the lengthy breath. Missy was letting on more than she meant to, but he decided to let her have her moment and not point it out. “Did you expect less of a lion like myself?” He asked, widening his self-righteous grin. Sobering a bit, he added, “I may not be much, but I’m loyal to those I find worthy, missy. Remember that. And now, we can move on about our day.”
Haley sighed dramatically in relief when he mentioned ‘silent’. “Oh good; mama’s got to have her rest, so as long as she’s quiet, she can be up all hours of the night,” she joked. She adjusted the potted plant in her arm before getting out of the car.

Last edited:
Eliie looked at him, cocking her head to one side as she considered it for a moment. "I suppose yes, now you would be considered one of those people. For now at least, until you do something that bothers me." She said simply as she dipped her head, her cheeks flushed a little.

Lyra watched in amusement as she waved the egg around and listened to her words. "Well I suppose we could find a room of unsuspecting people who deserve a stink bomb later today. After all we don't want to deprive you of that before your death right?" She said with a grin, although she was thinking that this girl might just be a bad influence on her. She was to her knowledge the only skunk and would be caught straight away.
Nick leaned forward slightly and looked her in the eyes. “And what exactly, pray tell, bothers you?” He raised one eyebrow as he added in a nonchalant tone, “So I know what to avoid, you know, because I rather like being one of your few selects.”
“Or, or, even better: we find all the people we don’t like here—for any reasons you prefer— and get them in one room, then you let loose,” Alexis said excitedly. She was having way too much fun with the planning, particularly because she knew none of it would actually come to fruition. “That way not only do I get to witness this greatness before my very dramatic death at the hands—or paws—of the Genesis villain, but I get revenge on all the people who have slighted me, even just slightly.”

Michael shook his head a little "A bit worried it would come back, but that's nothing unexpected."
(as far as I remember, he acted normally)

Ioan waited intently for the doctor's answer. "I see.." He sighed, slowly running his fingers through his hair, leaving the dark strands standing up in odd directions. "I can't think of any other questions I thought to ask, can you?" He asked, turning to Emily.
Emily shook her head slowly. “No, I think that’s all. Thank you for your time.” She moved towards the door to leave, at the same time wracking her brain to make sure that was all.

Lucy followed them out into the hall. “No way I’m going alone,” she said, shaking her head vigorously at Andorra’s question. “I’d hate to die before breakfast.”
"Oh, a travesty for sure. It's much better to be snuffed out on a full stomach. Dying is painful enough without one's stomach adding to the mix of hurt." Andorra joked morbidly. She had a strange sense of humor at times. She grinned as she locked the door before closing it behind them.

(Organs? :lau )

Priam listened in rapt attention as she described her homeland. He’d certainly heard of Ireland, and Dublin, but had never been there, so it was akin to hearing about some far off, beautiful land. The way her face lit up while talking about it and her uncle’s pub was refreshing and lovely, although it saddened him to know she’d likely never see it again. “There is nothing to apologize for,” he said, reaching across the bed to give her hand a comforting squeeze. “You didn’t choose to be uprooted from your home—taken from all you know. It’s more than natural to feel conflicted. I just hope you don’t hold yourself to blame for whatever happened and has happened.”
“Call me foolhardy, but I’ve managed to survive this long in this hole,” Allen said with a grin. He observed her as she talked, noting the shift in countenance, the lengthy breath. Missy was letting on more than she meant to, but he decided to let her have her moment and not point it out. “Did you expect less of a lion like myself?” He asked, widening his self-righteous grin. Sobering a bit, he added, “I may not be much, but I’m loyal to those I find worthy, missy. Remember that. And now, we can move about our day.”
Haley sighed dramatically in relief when he mentioned ‘silent’. “Oh good; mama’s got to have her rest, so as long as she’s quiet, she can be up all hours of the night,” she joked. She adjusted the potted plant in her arm before getting out of the car.
( :lol: She could mean her heart, you know. :lau Jk. I fixed two othe typos on that post. How'd it miss that one? :idunno Go figure. Lol! )
Irene nodded solemnly and looked to Priam with gratitude evident. "Thank you, Priam. I think I just needed to hear that from someone. Sometimes my own heads can make things so much worse then they really are. Especially when I'm laden with guilt over it and see things from that perspective. You're such a good friend to me already. " She said quietly as she squeezed his hand in response to his comforting gesture.
~●~
Ashton snorted at his choice of words as she shook her head. "Am I to take that as a threat or as a promise, Hairspray?" She ventured to ask teasingly. She did have to disagree with him on one point, he was selling himself short by saying he wasn't much. This lion had a heart of gold and was a true-blue friend to her. A rarity in the world, let alone this dismal place. " Either way, this missy accepts your loyalty. Now let's go get that something to eat Tomcat." She said with exaggerated sweetness just to try to push his buttons.
~●~
Dyrus grinned as he got out and shut the door before heading to the back for the rest of their items. "Careful now, that brings a ridiculous 1986 movie to mind and it's iconic phrase, " Feed me Seymour!" He said as he opened the trunk. "You ever have the misfortune of watching Little Shop of Horrors on the move channel?" He asked as he peeked around the trunk to look to Haley quizzically.

( :lol: She could mean her heart, you know. :lau Jk. I fixed two othe typos on that post. How'd it miss that one? :idunno Go figure. Lol! )
Irene nodded solemnly and looked to Priam with gratitude evident. "Thank you, Priam. I think I just needed to hear that from someone. Sometimes my own head can make things so much worse then they really are. Especially when I'm laden with guilt over it and see things from that perspective. You're such a good friend to me already. " She said quietly as she squeezed his hand in response to his comforting gesture.
~●~
Ashton snorted at his choice of words as she shook her head. "Am I to take that as a threat or as a promise, Hairspray?" She ventured to ask teasingly. She did have to disagree with him on one point, he was selling himself short by saying he wasn't much. This lion had a heart of gold and was a true-blue friend to her. A rarity in the world, let alone this dismal place. " Either way, this missy accepts your loyalty. Now let's go get that something to eat Tomcat." She said with exaggerated sweetness just to try to push his buttons.
~●~
Dyrus grinned as he got out and shut the door before heading to the back for the rest of their items. "Careful now, that brings a ridiculous 1986 movie to mind and it's iconic phrase, " Feed me Seymour!" He said as he opened the trunk. "You ever have the misfortune of watching Little Shop of Horrors on the movie channel?" He asked as he peeked around the trunk to look to Haley quizzically.
( :lol: True, but what you edited it to makes a good deal more sense ;) )

“Perspective is everything,” Priam said solemnly. “Sometimes all we need is someone to shift ours, and sense falls in line.” He left her last statement unanswered, answering somewhat in his head, rather than aloud. He stared, unseeing, at their joined hands, which he wasn’t entirely aware were still joined. “I’m sorry, about your mother,” he said, the realization of what Irene had said about her mum hitting him a little late. “Have you heard nothing about them since you were brought here?”
• • •
“That is up to the recipient to decide,” Allen said, wriggling his eyebrows playfully. Of course he had intended it as a promise, but maybe a threat would have served better? “Wow—after all that, I get demoted from lion to tomcat?” He asked jokingly as he fell in step beside her.
• • •
Haley went around to the trunk to see if he needed any help carrying things. “Sorry to ruin your movie-quote moment, but no, I haven’t seen that,” she said, shrugging lightly. “I’ve never been one for movies of any kind.”

Donella followed them out, locking the door behind them and heading to the cafeteria.

Emily shook her head slowly. “No, I think that’s all. Thank you for your time.” She moved towards the door to leave, at the same time wracking her brain to make sure that was all.
Michael nodded and smiled "You know where to find me if you think of any other questions."

Back
Top Bottom