Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (A Shape Shifting RP)

Leah nodded happily, gazing into his eyes as he moved his hand towards her. Her skin tingled as he touched her cheek, and a rushing feeling of excitement flooded her body. She looked at him meekly, before leaning forward to kiss his cheek in a simple sign of affection.

William smiled at her gentle brush of lips along his cheek. It was such a small gesture but it was huge for her and he was touched that she trusted him enough to allow it. "So have any plans before breakfast?" He asked with a grin.

Leverett smiled and said jokingly, " Pork rinds? Go figure, I've always heard he was a fan of long pork." He chuckled and added, "Regardless, I'm glad you both got along and made a new friendship. I'm proud of you Layla, that's a big step for you."
~○~
Madison came over and sniffed it with equal distaste. "Oh, now that's sinking to new levels. It doesn't even look like real meat either, but some soybean hybrid of a funkier organic origin. I most definitely wouldn't eat that nugget of mysterious creation." She said as she finished her examination of the offensive food. She shuddered as she straightened.
~○~
" Oh? Well I assure you, I'm more three-dimensional than my flat file. As well as a thinker. When you've been locked in a cage for most your life, that leaves little else to do in one's leisure time. Besides the void of madness. My lashing out was out of habit of self preservation." Eirik stated as a smirk rooted upon his face. "I could enlighten you as to why the caged tiger paces. I'm also proficient at that as well." He said as he looked up ahead of them, not wanting to get his hopes up as to what she ment by her statement.
~○~
"Appreciated that, did you? So good you did, I have more where that came from. And my, my. Cheeky little kitten does have a certain ring to it. Is that to be my new pet name, I wonder? " Willow teased playfully as they walked hand and hand together. It was so easy to be in a good mood with her studmuffin around.

Layla frowned a little at his joke, having completely missed that it was indeed a joke. "I have only just now had pork rinds, and while I have never personally eaten human I was unaware they were similar in flavor. If that is the case perhaps I should rethink my stance on it." She said simply before giving him a smile at his final words. "Thank you, it does feel like a big accomplishment. One I am not sure I would have made had it not been for you."

Saskia nodded in agreement with all of her thoughts on the offensive meal. "Should we go see if he cares for a late night snack? Would be so kind of use to bring it too his room, I mean that is free room service. I think we would be doing him a favor." She said with humor as she picked up the plate and contemplated whether she should heat it up or serve it cold.

Harper listened with interest to his words, despite being tired she always liked hearing about the previous lives of those under Ryker's care. "It must have been a very difficult and taxing life. It is no wonder you are a thinker as you put it. To live in such a way and know nothing else it forces you to rise above it all, or fall prey as many others do and become the animal they see you as. As for why the caged tiger paces I understand it all to well, no need to explain. It is late, I know and not easy to see given it being dark out, but would you like to step outside? Maybe getting a taste of the freedom you can have if you accept your life here will encourage you to do so. I dislike seeing people locked up down there when there is no reason to do so." She said as she moved over to a side door that would let them out behind the house. She wasn't worried about him running, she was confident in her ability to run him down if need be.

Adrian chuckled at her teasing, it never got old. "Well it does have a nice ring to it, and keep being cheeky and it will certainly stick. " He replied easily as they approached the cafeteria.

William smiled at her gentle brush of lips along his cheek. It was such a small gesture but it was huge for her and he was touched that she trusted him enough to allow it. "So have any plans before breakfast?" He asked with a grin.
“No, not except being with you.” Leah explained, her cheeks still rosy after her blush. She asked quietly “What about your plans? Do you have anything to do today that needs to get done?” She studied his eyes, considerar if he actually had things to do.

Nick leaned forward slightly and looked her in the eyes. “And what exactly, pray tell, bothers you?” He raised one eyebrow as he added in a nonchalant tone, “So I know what to avoid, you know, because I rather like being one of your few selects.”
“Or, or, even better: we find all the people we don’t like here—for any reasons you prefer— and get them in one room, then you let loose,” Alexis said excitedly. She was having way too much fun with the planning, particularly because she knew none of it would actually come to fruition. “That way not only do I get to witness this greatness before my very dramatic death at the hands—or paws—of the Genesis villain, but I get revenge on all the people who have slighted me, even just slightly.”

Ellie flushed a little but gave him a smile, she was unused to such attention and it made her a little nervous. "Well arrogance for one, I also dislike rudeness. I am also not a fan of people who are to busy talking to listen to others around them." She highlighted a few of the things that bothered her.

Lyra chuckled a little and shook her head. "I don't know Alexis that sounds an awful lot like revenge. Which while can be amusing isn't really my style. Although I suppose if it is your dying wish I can make one exception. Who knows maybe the villain will be among those gassed, kill two birds with one stone." She added on at the end as she dug into her food.

“No, not except being with you.” Leah explained, her cheeks still rosy after her blush. She asked quietly “What about your plans? Do you have anything to do today that needs to get done?” She studied his eyes, considerar if he actually had things to do.

William shrugged a little and shook his head. "None that I am aware of at this time. I should check in and just make sure there is nothing required of me, probably before lunch. But until then I am yours."

William shrugged a little and shook his head. "None that I am aware of at this time. I should check in and just make sure there is nothing required of me, probably before lunch. But until then I am yours."
Leah smiled, straddling him to cuddle some more in the grass, before replying with a giggle as they back downwards “And I am all yours, Mein Drachen.” She moved all the hair that had fallen in his face to the sides, before staring down at him with a mischievous smile.

Leah smiled, straddling him to cuddle some more in the grass, before replying with a giggle as they back downwards “And I am all yours, Mein Drachen.” She moved all the hair that had fallen in his face to the sides, before staring down at him with a mischievous smile.

William grinned up at her smile and wondered what she was planning. "Smiles like that almost always mean trouble, what are you up to?" He finally asked her curiously.

"Oh good, I'm so glad you volunteered. It'll be your job to watch the big lug and keep him in line. He seems to have a soft spot for the feminine persuasion." Indigo said with a chuckle. She'd stepped right into that one and he didn't envy her the task, that was for sure. That tiger's temperament was more prickly than a porcupine. Besides he had bigger fish to fry. The team was due any day and he was anxious to precede further with Ryker's plan.
▪○●□■□●○▪
Vasper nodded with quite respect for what all Anuerin had to endure at his father's hands. Just being the boss's son couldn't have been easy. He'd been the recipient of Ryker's wrath a time or two. Has there been a blood relation it would have stung twice as much, he had to admit. "What was he like when you were younger? What were you like before life became so complicated?" He asked quietly.
Cyra's eyebrows arched playfully with the realization of how she had set herself up. "I'll watch him, but I won't flirt with him." She stated firmly, meeting his gaze with a teasing expression. "I prefer tigers." Her smile broadened at her confession.
•○●□■□●○•
Amaryllis quieted for a minute, she really had to think of how to answer since it seemed so long ago when she first came here that it was hard to remember. "Carefree; when he was young he adored his father, he looked up to him and did everything just like him. When you're young you understand everything to be good, you lose that perspective as you grow older, but Anuerin changed too quickly. He realized what his father was doing, how he was hurting people, and his selfishness. Realizing that the man he loved, and thought to be perfect, didn't love him in return, shattered his world. His heart was hardened. He shut out the world with all its pain, and anyone who might betray his trust. I was able to reach him before then, I was still happy, I had been protected from everything that had hurt him. But he still shut me out sometimes, because I reminded him of how easy life is before you lose your innocence. A realistic prespective of life is a burden, especially for someone who lost their childhood." She concluded with a thoughtful sigh. It was something she hadn't thought about, but as she spoke it all made sense.

"Oh, a travesty for sure. It's much better to be snuffed out on a full stomach. Dying is painful enough without one's stomach adding to the mix of hurt." Andorra joked morbidly. She had a strange sense of humor at times. She grinned as she locked the door before closing it behind them.

Donella followed them out, locking the door behind them and heading to the cafeteria.
Lucy burst into laughter at Andorra’s joke—laughter that abruptly ended with a loud snort. ”I was thinking more along the lines of dying happy than being ‘snuffed out on a full stomach’,” she explained, clearing her throat as she followed the girls.

Ellie flushed a little but gave him a smile, she was unused to such attention and it made her a little nervous. "Well arrogance for one, I also dislike rudeness. I am also not a fan of people who are to busy talking to listen to others around them." She highlighted a few of the things that bothered her.

Lyra chuckled a little and shook her head. "I don't know Alexis that sounds an awful lot like revenge. Which while can be amusing isn't really my style. Although I suppose if it is your dying wish I can make one exception. Who knows maybe the villain will be among those gassed, kill two birds with one stone." She added on at the end as she dug into her food.

Nick chuckled at her comment, but quickly grew serious when he realized she wasn’t making a joke. “No arrogance, rudeness, or interrupting—got it,” he said, giving her a thumbs-up. He’d be walking a fine line with a mouth mostly shut if he wanted to stay in her court of approval, if those were her rules. “Anything else I should know about? Most people get got by trust issues, gross manners, and no talking to the opposite gender otherwise they’ll get jealous, even though they insist they won’t.” His lips curled into a smile as he awaited her answer.
• • •
“Well, that doesn’t have to happen since I’m not dying—” Alexis said, before adding with a dark smile “—yet.” She swished the ice around her glass before taking a swallow to clear her throat. “But if/when it comes to that, please, gas someone, anyone. It’s not like it’ll kill them. Only stun them long enough for you to discover my killer. Then, then you find someone with a little more damaging natural weapons to make the kill. Of course, you won’t get killing credit, but you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing you helped a dear old friend out.” She gave Lyra a wide toothy grin as she finished plotting the capture and death of her potential murderer.

Back
Top Bottom