Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (A Shape Shifting RP)

Nick chuckled at her comment, but quickly grew serious when he realized she wasn’t making a joke. “No arrogance, rudeness, or interrupting—got it,” he said, giving her a thumbs-up. He’d be walking a fine line with a mouth mostly shut if he wanted to stay in her court of approval, if those were her rules. “Anything else I should know about? Most people get got by trust issues, gross manners, and no talking to the opposite gender otherwise they’ll get jealous, even though they insist they won’t.” His lips curled into a smile as he awaited her answer.
• • •
“Well, that doesn’t have to happen since I’m not dying—” Alexis said, before adding with a dark smile “—yet.” She swished the ice around her glass before taking a swallow to clear her throat. “But if/when it comes to that, please, gas someone, anyone. It’s not like it’ll kill them. Only stun them long enough for you to discover my killer. Then, then you find someone with a little more damaging natural weapons to make the kill. Of course, you won’t get killing credit, but you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing you helped a dear old friend out.” She gave Lyra a wide toothy grin as she finished plotting the capture and death of her potential murderer.

Ellie smiled a little seeing how he sobered at her pet peeves as they were. She then quietly considered the other things he presented her with for a moment. "Well jealousy really doesn't matter as you are not mine to be jealous over. I was raised with certain manners however one would have to be truly obnoxious to offend me with such. And lastly trust issues are not really anyone's business but my own , whether there is too much trust or lack there of. " She finally concluded before looking at him for his reaction. She knew her moral standards were a bit high for most of the sort here but it never bothered her to be alone these days.

Lyra chuckled and pulled out her notepad and pretended to write down this information. "Well good to know that it isn't required of me just yet. As for finding someone to make the kill I imagine it won't be hard in this place. While I personally may not be a killer I am sure there are many here who were trained and have the right mindset for it." She said looking around the room at the others, wondering if the killer was in the same room with them right now.

(apologies for holding this up :oops:)

The steady beeping from the monitor grew more intense as the group neared the front door. Noticing it, the receptionist changed the camera view on her screen to see who it was. “Please state your name and reason of business,” she said into the intercom.
(How did I miss these? :he)
Asa showed a smile as he turned towards the security camera capturing their footage. "I'm Asa, and these are my co-workers, Elliot and Zoe. Our officials sent us here for a protocol procedure scheduled with Ioan." He informed with a subtle hint that the woman couldn't deny his entrance.

Emily shook her head slowly. “No, I think that’s all. Thank you for your time.” She moved towards the door to leave, at the same time wracking her brain to make sure that was all.
Ioan followed Emily heavily. He met her gaze hoping to attract her attention from her thoughtfulness. He wondered what she thought they should do, because he had no clue himself.

(How did I miss these? :he)
Asa showed a smile as he turned towards the security camera capturing their footage. "I'm Asa, and these are my co-workers, Elliot and Zoe. Our officials sent us here for a protocol procedure scheduled with Ioan." He informed with a subtle hint that the woman couldn't deny his entrance.

Ioan followed Emily heavily. He met her gaze hoping to attract her attention from her thoughtfulness. He wondered what she thought they should do, because he had no clue himself.
(I was just wondering whether I should bump them :) )

The receptionist adjusted her glasses (because it’s a widely-known fact that all receptionists have glasses) so she could see the visitors better. She studied them in the camera for a moment as she considered his words. “Well, if Ioan’s expecting them,” she muttered as she pressed the button that unlocked the doors. “Come in,” she said with obviously forced enthusiasm. Word of Dimitri’s attack had made the rounds by now, and she was uncharacteristicly tense.
***​
“Are you holding up okay?” Emily asked, concerned for his mental state as much as Dimitri’s. “This certainly isn’t any easy job, and you’ve been at it a good deal longer than the rest of us.”

Last edited:
Ellie smiled a little seeing how he sobered at her pet peeves as they were. She then quietly considered the other things he presented her with for a moment. "Well jealousy really doesn't matter as you are not mine to be jealous over. I was raised with certain manners however one would have to be truly obnoxious to offend me with such. And lastly trust issues are not really anyone's business but my own , whether there is too much trust or lack there of. " She finally concluded before looking at him for his reaction. She knew her moral standards were a bit high for most of the sort here but it never bothered her to be alone these days.

Lyra chuckled and pulled out her notepad and pretended to write down this information. "Well good to know that it isn't required of me just yet. As for finding someone to make the kill I imagine it won't be hard in this place. While I personally may not be a killer I am sure there are many here who were trained and have the right mindset for it." She said looking around the room at the others, wondering if the killer was in the same room with them right now.
“A woman with high standards who actually lives by them—a rarity these days,” Nick said reflectively. “Morals themselves around here can get a little loosey-goosey, if you know what I mean. Ryker’s word is about the highest form of law here, and he can’t exactly watch our every move. So kudos to you for walking a straight path. Now I’ve just got to ask, does this pickiness stem from childhood, or your life here?”
“You’re going to need a pen,” Alexis said, grinning as she whipped a pen out of her pocket and handed it over. “As for who’d kill, there’s an ungodly amount of claws and teeth around here. Shouldn’t be too hard to find someone who’ll help you avenge me.” She stacked her dishes and trash on the tray and got up to dispose of it when she spotted Zaine in the doorway. “Speaking of claws, here comes Mr. Owl,” she said, winking at Lyra before she skipped off with her tray.

“A woman with high standards who actually lives by them—a rarity these days,” Nick said reflectively. “Morals themselves around here can get a little loosey-goosey, if you know what I mean. Ryker’s word is about the highest form of law here, and he can’t exactly watch our every move. So kudos to you for walking a straight path. Now I’ve just got to ask, does this pickiness stem from childhood, or your life here?”
“You’re going to need a pen,” Alexis said, grinning as she whipped a pen out of her pocket and handed it over. “As for who’d kill, there’s an ungodly amount of claws and teeth around here. Shouldn’t be too hard to find someone who’ll help you avenge me.” She stacked her dishes and trash on the tray and got up to dispose of it when she spotted Zaine in the doorway. “Speaking of claws, here comes Mr. Owl,” she said, winking at Lyra before she skipped off with her tray.

Ellie rolled her eyes a bit, "I have noticed that around here. Why do you think I stick to myself?" She said with a snort, she found most of the company to be had around here less then desirable. "It came from my childhood for the most part." She answered, she didn't mind sharing this detail as it gave little away. Although she did wonder why all the questions.

Lyra chuckled and opened her bag to show she had plenty of writing utensils. "Artist remember? I never leave my room without something to write with." She answered as she finished her breakfast just as Alexis mentioned Zaine. She tensed a bit and flushed as she looked over at him. She then looked pleadingly after Alexis as the girl skipped off. "Alexis! Wait, don't you dare leave me alone again!" She whispered under her breath and sighed as she dropped her head to the table in frustration.

Ellie rolled her eyes a bit, "I have noticed that around here. Why do you think I stick to myself?" She said with a snort, she found most of the company to be had around here less then desirable. "It came from my childhood for the most part." She answered, she didn't mind sharing this detail as it gave little away. Although she did wonder why all the questions.

Lyra chuckled and opened her bag to show she had plenty of writing utensils. "Artist remember? I never leave my room without something to write with." She answered as she finished her breakfast just as Alexis mentioned Zaine. She tensed a bit and flushed as she looked over at him. She then looked pleadingly after Alexis as the girl skipped off. "Alexis! Wait, don't you dare leave me alone again!" She whispered under her breath and sighed as she dropped her head to the table in frustration.
“Not one for risk, I see,” Nick said, chuckling lightly. Besides a pretty face, he was enjoying his interaction with her, more than he thought he would, if he was honest. “May I make an assumption, then, based on these childhood ideals of yours?” He asked tentatively. He didn’t want to scare her off now with unwanted opinions, so he seemed it best to ask first.
• • •
Alexis took her sweet time disposing of the trash, knowing that Zaine still had to get his breakfast. Glancing from him to Lyra, she proceeded to spill her glass of water on herself, feigning an accident. “Oh, crap!” She muttered irritably as she reached for a napkin. Drenched in the name of a good cause, she gave Lyra a devious smile before going past Zaine on her way to change. “Lyra’s got a table over there,” she said, jerking a thumb in the poor girl’s direction. “I’ll be back lickety-split!”
Zaine opened his mouth to object, but in typical Alexis fashion, she left him no time to reply. “Okay. Thanks,” he said to unhearing ears. “Incorrigible little brat,” he muttered jokingly when he realized she had spoken loud enough for Lyra had to have heard. So if he didn’t sit there, he’d look like he was avoiding her. Which he wasn’t. Totally wasn’t. “Can I sit here?” He asked, nodding at the empty seat across from Lyra.

Back
Top Bottom