Chocolate colored chickens

Can some tell me if this is a Chocolate Orp or some other breed? I'm going crazy trying to figure it out!
looks to be a Extended Black(E/E) or Birchen(ER/ER) bird with Dark Brown(Db) this gene, dark brown will turn him into a black tail red/orange bird, Db changes the chick´s black down into a brown colored tone...

pay attention to the brown/chocolate looking chick...

his dad was a ER/ER brown red Game bird.. mother is a Buff Cochin hen

and as adults

so as you can see, the chick you posted may look chocolate, but it may not look chocolate at all at a later age

Some of my Chocolates / Dunn

1dunn.jpg

1dunnopr.jpg

1dunnpr.jpg

1dunnhenb.jpg

1dunnhena.jpg

1dunnsumroo.jpg

Gorgeous Sumatra's! What type chocolate are they? They don't look like recessive sex linked chocolate, are they dun?

My Chocolate Araucana project pen continues to grow. I have some chocolate pullets and some black cockerels that have a 50% chance to carry chocolate. Next year, my project should explode.

One of my hens that is black, is birchen/mottled

Gorgeous Sumatra's! What type chocolate are they? They don't look like recessive sex linked chocolate, are they dun?

My Chocolate Araucana project pen continues to grow. I have some chocolate pullets and some black cockerels that have a 50% chance to carry chocolate. Next year, my project should explode.

One of my hens that is black, is birchen/mottled

Yup, they're Dun. I have some and they're beautiful!

You're little Choc Araucana babies are just gorgeous! I can't wait to see pictures as they mature.

Some updates of my chocolate Araucana projects, these are all of the same pullet but under all different lighting so she looks totally different. The best photo's are always under natural lighting

hi i love your araucana's! im just getting started on them and am interested in getting into sexlinked, how would i go about that? is there specific colours you breed to be able to get sexlinked?

Back
Top Bottom