Chocolate Serama Breeders - dun and blue can be included here as well

Pics
Some of my blue and chocolate Serama's
I'd love to see some updated photo's of everyones blues, duns and chocolate Serama's and what your goals are this year. Maybe we can all help each other meet those goals. My goal is to produce at least one single chocolate cockerel to do some test breedings on the pullets I think are recessive chocolate and to confirm the ones I believe are chocolate. I'm going to work on more blues and blue wheatens too.

Latte01Nov20113331.jpg

BellaBlue05Jan2012066.jpg

CocoPuff05Jan20120941.jpg

Dottie05Jan2012060.jpg

Kiss05Jan2012007-1.jpg

Sapphire22Dec2011.jpg

Starry.jpg

Lately, I haven't posted because I've been too busy to take pictures....so here are my photo's of today to help catch me up....I used to feel a need to classify everything by a specific color name, but more recently, I've decided that I love the unique, unusual, one of a kind colors. These individuals are in the right color family for this thread, but I don't have names for what color they are.
smile.png

Here's a neat chickie.

1712008.jpg

1712008.jpg

Here is a silkied micro that I call 'Coco'. I'm not too creative with names.

1712015.jpg

1712014.jpg

Here is a cockerel that is NOT black...he is dark brown. Cathy you saw him when you were here last summer....he was a juvenile is a cage with 4 or 5 others like him.

1712069.jpg

1712066.jpg

January is a slower month at my work, so I hope to have time to update my website. I have SEVERAL extra birds that I need to sell. Please check in the coming weeks...I will be updating from time to time as I get the time. I ship on Monday's or Tuesday's, weather permitting.

June, Look at your little rooster legs, that tells it. The chocolates I've hatched have a swarthy chocolate leg, not a black swarthy leg. Here are chicks that hatched last night. Some of these are the first chicks out of pullets and cockerels that I hatched last summer so it was exciting to find that Tiger (son of T-Roo, my known chocolate carrier rooster) is also a chocolate carrier. His first chick hatched was chocolate. Here are the ones that hatched last night

Updates on the chicks posted above, the chocolate and white is really interesting. Pure white wing tips and chest with chocolate back/shoulders and tail. I can't wait to see this one feathered out. I hope it's a cockerel.

The blue chick

Another chocolate chick

Just wanted to say hello! Haven't been on here a while.........not sure I like the new layout, but just have to get used to it. I had bought a Hovabator and tried a test hatch with my leghorns and that didn't turn out well. I just bought a Brinsea and it's not here yet. Has the humidity pump so I think that will help a lot. So I am finally brave enough to try to hatch some Serama eggs!

Love seeing all the pics! I can't wait to get some chocolates myself!!!

I have a feeling I'll have some to sell this summer, both chocolates and cockerels that are split for chocolate. I am hatching chicks right now that are from my pen with my black rooster and 3 chocolate hens. All of the cockerels from this pen will carry chocolate.

Here's that chocolate mottled chick showing the yellow legs.

Last edited:
I have a feeling I'll have some to sell this summer, both chocolates and cockerels that are split for chocolate. I am hatching chicks right now that are from my pen with my black rooster and 3 chocolate hens. All of the cockerels from this pen will carry chocolate.

Here's that chocolate mottled chick showing the yellow legs.

We need a "LIKE" button LOL. LIKE!

June,

How are those pretty colored chicks coming along? I'd love to see photo's of them as they develop. I bought 3 young cockerels today. They posed nicely in the pens with the hens but they've lost all that confidence in a new place and I wish I'd had my camera with me when I went to get them. They're in quarantine now and I'll have them paired with some real typey lil black hens in a few weeks.

I'm not really sure of the color, could be dun but that's so rare in Serama's that it's not likely. I was told there are no real duns in Serama's so this color may be a combination of chocolate and blue, diluting the black more than just chocolate or blue alone would do. I guess I'll find out if I pair them with black hens. Dun bred to black would produce a dark brown chocolate color and if they have both blue and chocolate genes, bred to black hens I would get some chocolate's, blacks, blues and maybe more like these guys only solid color I think. I haven't really played with the color calculator yet. I really like the color and the hackles are so pretty and clean with no real striping.

I'm hoping I can figure the color out so I can make more of these

June, Look at your little rooster legs, that tells it. The chocolates I've hatched have a swarthy chocolate leg, not a black swarthy leg. Here are chicks that hatched last night. Some of these are the first chicks out of pullets and cockerels that I hatched last summer so it was exciting to find that Tiger (son of T-Roo, my known chocolate carrier rooster) is also a chocolate carrier. His first chick hatched was chocolate. Here are the ones that hatched last night

Cathy,

Took this picture yesterday...I have several of these (different ages) from the above pictured cockerels. Also have some really pretty little blues. I'm just popping in here for a few minutes right now. I have a busy day planned, but I'll do a photo opp and get some new pictures in the next few days. Getting good leg and beak color in this new generation of chicks. I was worried about you and Ruth when I heard that the tornado hit Buffalo...hope everything is all right with both of you.

Back
Top Bottom