Christmas 2014 Hatch-a-Long (12-25-14)

Uno sure is cute! Are you going to raise her as a single chick or get her a friend? I raised a single chick in the spring, she is actually pretty aggressive. It could be because she didn't have other chicks to socialize with or it's just her personality is like that
hu.gif
Goodluck with Uno either way
smile.png

You can send me one of your, lol. As soon as the part arrives for our new incubator I am having a dozen Cochin bantam eggs overnighted to me to start cooking.

I hit around 33%, so I know how you feel. I was hoping for closer to 80, but between infertility, and probably too high temps after the first 5, it seemed to be impossible. Hopefully this one will turn out much better. Set 3 dozen last night with a hatch date of January 18/19. Even though it won't be Christmas anymore, I'll throw the results up here and let you guys know.

Yes, defunatli keep us posted! Goodluck :)

Cochins are very nice birds! I have a little bantam one. She raised a leghorn for me in the summer ;)

This hatch-a-long has been fun. I will have to do this again. Maybe an Easter hatch-a-long... Well, I set a new hatch just this morning. There are 10 gold comet(?) mixes, 3 personal backyard mutts, 3 French black copper marans, 3 light brahmas, 3 speckled Sussex, and 1 Dominique for a grand total of 23 eggs. Woohoo, this is going to be a big hatch. (DH got me a new incubator, which I had to play with. :) )

This hatch-a-long has been fun. I will have to do this again. Maybe an Easter hatch-a-long... Well, I set a new hatch just this morning. There are 10 gold comet(?) mixes, 3 personal backyard mutts, 3 French black copper marans, 3 light brahmas, 3 speckled Sussex, and 1 Dominique for a grand total of 23 eggs. Woohoo, this is going to be a big hatch. (DH got me a new incubator, which I had to play with. :) )

Best of luck to you with this hatch!

My December-hatch-along is officially over. The six remaining eggs left in the incubator were duds. Its official now 14/72 eggs hatched & are living. No more shipped eggs for me. If I can't travel to get eggs than I'm definately not ordering any. Time to clean it up to get ready for my Jan. Hatch :)

Last edited:
I ended up with both of my eggs hatching! one black one yellow! man do they grow up fast...LOL

im hoping the black is a frizzle. his mom is, and I can see his wing feathers are slightly curled....fingers crossed!

Glad to see everyone has eggs in the bator again :).

I have never had shipped eggs ChickenLady, and I doubt I ever will get any. Sorry about your hatch.

Congrats bantambury. Would love some pis ;).

How's everyone's chicks doing?

My chicks are all doing great. Well, actually one died about a week ago. Not sure why??? 19 still going strong and growing like weeds. I love when they get to that "crazy" stage where they all start running around freaking out and flapping their wings for no reason. it's fun watching them and rolling my eyes.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom