Christmas 2014 Hatch-a-Long (12-25-14)

Im no expert on guessing, but that would be my guess if I was
smile.png

Today Uno stretched it's neck out and gave what sounded like a crow. It was sick sounding but "he" tried. Yup, I think we have a roo!

And his friends are hatching early!

Nugget hatched a full two days early. Noodles and #3 hatched today at 1 day early, #3 even pipped on the wrong end. 4 more eggys still yet to pip. Tomorrow is officially hatch day. We introduced Nugget and Uno in the brooder. At first he went after her so we put a partition in for a few hours. I just pulled it and they seem to be doing fine. He is trying to impress her/him by his new found crow. It's hilarious!

Noodles and #3 are still in the incubator, we will put them with Uno tomorrow.

We are still hopeful for a Roo :)

Today Uno stretched it's neck out and gave what sounded like a crow.  It was sick sounding but "he" tried.  Yup, I think we have a roo!

And his friends are hatching early!

Nugget hatched a full two days early.  Noodles and #3 hatched today at 1 day early, #3 even pipped on the wrong end.  4 more eggys still yet to pip.  Tomorrow is officially hatch day.  We introduced Nugget and Uno in the brooder.  At first he went after her so we put a partition in for a few hours.  I just pulled it and they seem to be doing fine.  He is trying to impress her/him by his new found crow.  It's hilarious!

Noodles and #3 are still in the incubator, we will put them with Uno tomorrow.

Kinda curious, but why do you want Uno to be a rooster? And what cross is Uno? Thanks :)

Congrats on the chicks! Post pics ;)

Kinda curious, but why do you want Uno to be a rooster? And what cross is Uno? Thanks
smile.png

Congrats on the chicks! Post pics
wink.png

Our favorite rooster "Hermie" who was like a dog, came running when we got home, loved to be held (begged to be held) and would even fall asleep in your arms. One day this fall he went into the woods and never returned. He was a pure bred Old English Black Breasted Red bantam. I incubated 5 pure bred shipped BBR bantam eggs as a Christmas present for my wife in hopes that one would be a roo. Only one hatched, Uno.

Our favorite rooster "Hermie" who was like a dog, came running when we got home, loved to be held (begged to be held) and would even fall asleep in your arms.  One day this fall he went into the woods and never returned.  He was a pure bred Old English Black Breasted Red bantam.  I incubated 5 pure bred shipped BBR bantam eggs as a Christmas present for my wife in hopes that one would be a roo.  Only one hatched, Uno. 
Oh definitely praying Uno is a roo :)

Back
Top Bottom