Christmas 2014 Hatch-a-Long (12-25-14)

I kept four of the eight that hatched in December. The brown chick, DC, hatch christmas Eve, the one Christmas Day chick rooster, Bones, is somewhere, the largest rooster, Dixon and the largest pullet, Ebony.

Nugget (Mille Fleur) Noodles. One curled foot, we have band-aids on it. (Mille Fleur) #3 No name yet. (Black Mottled Cochin)
:love
Our favorite rooster "Hermie" who was like a dog, came running when we got home, loved to be held (begged to be held) and would even fall asleep in your arms. One day this fall he went into the woods and never returned. He was a pure bred Old English Black Breasted Red bantam. I incubated 5 pure bred shipped BBR bantam eggs as a Christmas present for my wife in hopes that one would be a roo. Only one hatched, Uno.
Oh yes, I remember you saying that. Congrats on the chicks :).

Last edited:
I still have all 10 from my Christmas hatch, plus 8 from the olive egger breeder who's mom passed. It's becoming clearer who are roos. I'm hopeful I'll get 5 hens, one of reach breed.

I still have my 19 from Christmas too, plus two from about a week later. They got evicted from the house and sent to the coop about five days ago. I couldn't handle the mess anymore. Lol

Has anyone else put theirs outside yet? I was a little worried about them going out early but they LOVE it. They do have a heat lamp in the inside coop, but still prefer to spend all day out in the run. It is unseasonably warm hear though (60's).

It looks like I have almost a 50/50 split Cockrels and pullets, but I can't tell for sure yet.

I still have my 19 from Christmas too, plus two from about a week later. They got evicted from the house and sent to the coop about five days ago. I couldn't handle the mess anymore. Lol

Has anyone else put theirs outside yet? I was a little worried about them going out early but they LOVE it. They do have a heat lamp in the inside coop, but still prefer to spend all day out in the run. It is unseasonably warm hear though (60's).

It looks like I have almost a 50/50 split Cockrels and pullets, but I can't tell for sure yet.

Mine are in the garage. They had no supplemental heat when it was 40 to 60 degrees, but it dropped to 20 last night, so I added heat. There are enough of them they could huddle together, but they seem happy spreading out, so they must be ok.

Mine are out. It's 10F here, so they are in the garage with a heat light.

Back
Top Bottom