Christmas in October block Swap

I was wondering where my rug mug had got to! It's taken almost a month to get there! What is worse, I made it right at the beginning of the swap then was late sending it because I'd 'put it somewhere safe'! Big mistake. Well, Happy Christmas everyone. And a great New Year too.

Rusty Hen, I bought a metal wall art thing from Lidl's for a couple of pounds because I thought it would be a good template. It's about two foot long and it turned out there was two in the pack so a real bargain. I drew round a part of it for the mug rug including holes in leaves on the paper of steam-a-seam 2 which I then ironed on to the back of the leaf fabric, then cut it out and applied to background fabric so it was easy. I think this leaf 'template' will get plenty of use for hand quilting patterns too!

I'm still having problems putting photos on site but I have finished the Christmas Quilt top including appliqué poinsettia corners for the borders which have worked well. I'll ask Rosie to post a picture after Christmas.

Well, time for bed. Don't want Santa to miss me because I'm still awake!! Xxx

I didn't want to post this pic to the real current swap thread b/c I didn't want to "muddy" the waters. But I saw this today and it reminded me of the current swap. I love how the components are so simple but the layout looks so complicated.

I didn't want to post this pic to the real current swap thread b/c I didn't want to "muddy" the waters. But I saw this today and it reminded me of the current swap. I love how the components are so simple but the layout looks so complicated.
You are so right it looks very complicated, I do like it.
How are your chickens doing? Are they growing fins?

You are so right it looks very complicated, I do like it.
How are your chickens doing? Are they growing fins?

And webbed feet!!! They are doing well, a little drama between the two naked boys, Rudy and Houdini. I am going to have to rehome Houdini. I have a great home lined up but have to wait for flood waters to recede she is surrounded by water right now. How are things going in your area?

We live below sea level! Trying not to panic! So far the worst has missed our county but only about 50 miles north they are in real trouble. The centre of York is under water and an ancient bridge has been washed away at a town called Tadcaster . The Lake District area really has suffered and have been flooded three times in the last few weeks, poor souls.

Sweet! I love the bright colors. So would we swap the bow tie blocks and then add our own grey, black or other sashings or non sashing? Keep those creative juices flowing!

And webbed feet!!! They are doing well, a little drama between the two naked boys, Rudy and Houdini. I am going to have to rehome Houdini. I have a great home lined up but have to wait for flood waters to recede she is surrounded by water right now. How are things going in your area?
We are doing great we are getting some rain snow and ice plus lower temps. This is good we had very little moisture at all last winter near drought conditions. Fires all around us.
Our Flood Zone Is way below our house we are all saying give us some of your rain and snow to the rest of the country
wink.png

We are doing great we are getting some rain snow and ice plus lower temps. This is good we had very little moisture at all last winter near drought conditions. Fires all around us.
Our Flood Zone Is way below our house we are all saying give us some of your rain and snow to the rest of the country
wink.png

Up until this spring we were in a serious drought, many, many ponds were dry, areas were on water rations, some communities were in serious trouble just a short time from not having any water. I live in eastern OK and while we were in drought, we weren't as bad off as western OK. But this spring the rains helped a lot, now it is overkill, especially 9 - 12+ inches in 2 days. I never have to worry about my house flooding we are on top of a big hill, but many homes, roads, pastures flooded all around us.

I'd be glad to share some of our water, we still have a river, but least we are high enough not to have to worry, but we have a friend that was not so lucky knee deep water in his place.

Back
Top Bottom