Christmas stocking stuffers

EweSheep

Flock Mistress
14 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Land of Lincoln
Will be going out for Christmas shopping for our six year old dd......need some ideas! Very little candy please!

What do you put in your children's/grandchildren's stockings?

we go to the local doller store for stocking stuffers, they seem to have no end of little toy type things that kids always love. Somethings we include for the little girl here are, hair ties and accesories, the gaudy and more sparkly the better
roll.png
colorful holiday pencils and toppers that they can take to school, plastic jewlery.......

Last edited:
My son loved mustard and hot sauces... yes, he is different. Pepperonis and summer sausages. Crackers and cheeses in a can. Then after Christmas he invited us out for a picnic. memories.
love.gif

What does he like? Pipe cleaners were always a hit, and duct tape. Magnets and any little science type of things. Slinkies. That kid loved(s) slinkies. Does he like office supplies? is he into school yet? crafts?

maybe you can think of a theme and then go with that. This year we will spend our dollars at the hardware store. He is no longer six.
hit.gif
...but he is becoming handy.

Good luck!

Have you looked at Tractor Supply? They have all kinds of little cars, trucks, and tractors for the boys and lots of little animals for either boys or girls too! they also have little gift boxes that are shiny and pretty that you could put them in, or maybe a gift card to get them a new pair of boots, etc.

My Grandson (5) isn't big on candy, but loves fruit and pastry. An apple & an orange are always in the toe of the sock. Mini bananas on top. In between some suckers, cookies, packets of different flavored Hot Cocoa mix and small toys. This year his "thing" is Star Wars action figures, so he'll get a couple of those in his sock.

For a girl I'd go with maybe a pretty brush & comb set, hair ties or barretts, maybe some really cute, fancy socks. This is the kind of things I used to put in my Daughter's sock.

I hate stocking stuffers because most of the items get broken and then thrown out. So I went to buying things that everyone could use when the season is over. I buy bottles of shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, bubble bath, toothpaste, and whatever they need in the bathroom. I do buy things that I would not normally buy, like the teen deodorant, bath tabs (change the water color) and shampoo that is geared towards their age group. I then buy small things that they can use that are in their interest.

Pencils, pens (they love pens) erasers, fancy paper clips, small flashlight, AAA and AA batteries. In our family grandpa/Santa fills everyone's stockings but his own so I have a lot of experience.

Back
Top Bottom