Chronically Late people

I have WHAT in my yard? :

This is exactly what she's like. ANd we don't ever arrange to meet her places and never ever count on her for a ride! Whew! But even setting it so she is just coming to my house is disruptive.

She's my sister
hide.gif
Can't completely cut her off.

Well with a family member, all you can do is treat her like Camelot does with her MiL.​

We do. But, it remains upsetting. We are early night people. We get up early so we go to bed early.

She says she'll be there for dinner, I make enough to include her and serve it when its ready.

Then the kids take their baths and I went ahead and sent DH to bed. But, she arrived as kids were supposed to be getting ready for bed. With gifts. They love her even though they know they can't count on her. They want to see her. They can't go sleep when she just walked in!
roll.png

It's just SO inconceivable to me that anyone cannot see they impact they have on other people. It seems like they think they're more important than everyone else, but is it that they think they're so unimportant that other people won't notice their absence??

We do. But, it remains upsetting. We are early night people. We get up early so we go to bed early.

She says she'll be there for dinner, I make enough to include her and serve it when its ready.

Then the kids take their baths and I went ahead and sent DH to bed. But, she arrived as kids were supposed to be getting ready for bed. With gifts. They love her even though they know they can't count on her. They want to see her. They can't go sleep when she just walked in!
roll.png

It's just SO inconceivable to me that anyone cannot see they impact they have on other people. It seems like they think they're more important than everyone else, but is it that they think they're so unimportant that other people won't notice their absence??

You said earlier that she refuses to be tested, so I take it you've tried to talk to her about this? That sounds very disruptive.
sad.png

This is exactly what she's like. ANd we don't ever arrange to meet her places and never ever count on her for a ride! Whew! But even setting it so she is just coming to my house is disruptive.

She's my sister
hide.gif
Can't completely cut her off.

You don't need to cut her off, but you don't need to wait for her either. Start supper on time, leave on time, start things on time. If she is there, great. If she isn't that's OK too. Don't make her problems yours. By doing so you aren't helping anyone, including her.​

Quote:
You don't need to cut her off, but you don't need to wait for her either. Start supper on time, leave on time, start things on time. If she is there, great. If she isn't that's OK too. Don't make her problems yours. By doing so you aren't helping anyone, including her.

thumbsup.gif

I am a forgetful person and often late so that is why I have DH. He hates to be late and will make sure I am ready on time and gets me there on time! Everyone should have a Mountain Man around to get them motivated to go on time. He even comes home from work in the morning after working all night wakes me up and the kids up. Brings me coffee in to the bedroom and kisses me goodmorning then comes back in a few to make sure I'm up and moving. He's great!
love.gif

Without him I would be late all the time.
hide.gif

Chronically late = narcasist. They have no consideration or respect for anyone but themself. There is NO excuse for being late...ever.

Quote:
I disagree. My mother is gravely ill and sometimes it is hard getting her ready and out the door on time, sometimes we are a few minutes late. Then there is traffic jams, accidents, illness, livestock getting loose, and what my friends call "Kristen Moments" when something completely random, utterly strange, and nearly impossible happens out of the blue. Because Kristen moments happen a lot to me.

Back
Top Bottom