Chronicles of Raising Meat Birds - Modern Broilers, Heritage and Hybrids

Pics
Accidentally cut wrong on the drumstick so don't mind the missing end bone 😂 this isn't first ever so I'm ok with it 😝

This is the Easter Egger. I haven't done the big boy yet. I have the Orpington to do then I'll do the Giant cross

IMG_20200308_133545.jpg

@igorsMistress this is my result on the Jersey cross cockerel. He was 18 weeks old.

This was a cross I made from our own flock. I'm very impressed with the way they look after they're done.

So the cone pretty much failed with this fat boy. He kicked the tree hard and busted loose when my husband did the deed. He went to the ground and started running. I was like 😳 when I saw it running with no head.

He also got one last kick at me 🙄 Think he's Sid's evil spawn... The roo I hated and got rid of. He was such a tool.

IMG_20200308_144616.jpg

@igorsMistress this is my result on the Jersey cross cockerel. He was 18 weeks old.

This was a cross I made from our own flock. I'm very impressed with the way they look after they're done.

So the cone pretty much failed with this fat boy. He kicked the tree hard and busted loose when my husband did the deed. He went to the ground and started running. I was like 😳 when I saw it running with no head.

He also got one last kick at me 🙄 Think he's Sid's evil spawn... The roo I hated and got rid of. He was such a tool.

View attachment 2045862
I carry a roll of electrical tape... I tape their ankles so if they get away they don't go far... 4 wraps... keeps them from kicking out of the cone too

I carry a roll of electrical tape... I tape their ankles so if they get away they don't go far... 4 wraps... keeps them from kicking out of the cone too
Good idea! I was thinking about hanging them upside down with a rope tied to their legs. Maybe I'll make something for next time.

View attachment 2045862
Very nice! Our Dorking/Red Ranger boy dressed out at 5 lbs @ 17 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom