Cinnamon Queen Thread!

Pics
These are cq's from cackle hatchery. Do I have a boy and a girl, or is one just developing faster than the other? I think they are 3 weeks old.
20190927_173116.jpg

Beginning of April, my mom and I bought some baby chicks from TSC (speckled Sussex, barred rocks, and NHIR). As you can see from the picture, that is NOT a NHIR. From what a few others have told me, it is possibly a Cinnamon Queen. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• F61EEB50-F70F-4EB3-964F-D9DC616483BB.jpeg
    F61EEB50-F70F-4EB3-964F-D9DC616483BB.jpeg
    703.3 KB · Views: 11
I agree that there should be consistencies in appellations. The problem is that there isn't, and because RSLs are hybrids, there likely never will be. As you stated yourself, "you would no more call a RIRxRIW a Cinnamon Queen than I would call a GSD x poodle a labradoodle," but that doesn't mean that others will always agree with you. My point is, when a member purchases a RIR X RIW cross that is marketed as a Cinnamon Queen (Cackle's for example), you cannot state with a universally recognized poultry governing authority behind you that this is not a Cinnamon Queen. Those who call RIR X RIW Cinnamon Queens have as much right and authority to do so as those who call RIR X SLW or HNR X SLW Cinnamon Queens. I agree with you that it's unfortunate, and I would love to see the APA officially recognize certain commercialized hybrids, but until they do so (which I think will be never), this kind of confusion over the RSL labels will continue to exist. That's why when members post their RSLs for identification on the What Breed or Gender is This? section, most of us who ID them on a regular basis simply reply that they are RSLs. Fortunately the problem is a little less compounded with the Black Sex Links, since all of the major hatcheries use RIR X BR for the cross.
So a RIR roo crossed with a SLW hen IS a Cinnampn Queen?

Back
Top Bottom