Newbie18

Chirping
Jan 25, 2020
Flagstaff AZ
My 8 month old girl, Red, has had watery diarrhea for a week now. She has been in isolation for 7 days with no improvement.

Red:
*Has grit
*Only eats a little crumple each day.
*Drinks a lot of water
*Does NOT have an impacted crop
*Has lost weight.
* She will not drink water with probiotic powder in it.
*Eats Dumor layer crumble
* Has NOT layed in over a week.
* I gave her greens yesterday to see if she'll eat those and she totally pigged out.🙄

I've attached 2 pictures of her poop: Night 1 was liquid and clear; and night 2 was green liquid (I assume from the salad I gave her)

Attachments

• 20200129_072335.jpg
    20200129_072335.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 15804006482106459175309440527323.jpg
    15804006482106459175309440527323.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Have you checked her over for mites/lice?

Yes! She had lice and received a bath on Saturday. We used dog flea and tick shampoo with pyrethrins in it. We meticulously cleaned her Hospital room and dusted her and the hospital with diatomaceous earth. She is due to receive her second bath next week on Tuesday.

We're doing the same for our other girls. They are all very healthy and do not have diarrhea.

My 8 month old girl, Red, has had watery diarrhea for a week now. She has been in isolation for 7 days with no improvement.

Red:
*Has grit
*Only eats a little crumple each day.
*Drinks a lot of water
*Does NOT have an impacted crop
*Has lost weight.
* She will not drink water with probiotic powder in it.
*Eats Dumor layer crumble
* Has NOT layed in over a week.
* I gave her greens yesterday to see if she'll eat those and she totally pigged out.🙄

I've attached 2 pictures of her poop: Night 1 was liquid and clear; and night 2 was green liquid (I assume from the salad I gave her)
Yes! She had lice and received a bath on Saturday. We used dog flea and tick shampoo with pyrethrins in it. We meticulously cleaned her Hospital room and dusted her and the hospital with diatomaceous earth. She is due to receive her second bath next week on Tuesday.

We're doing the same for our other girls. They are all very healthy and do not have diarrhea.
I would get some Permethrin dust to treat the lice instead of giving her a bath. That poop is not normal, bathing a bird that is not well can be risky.
Crop is empty in the mornings?
It's possible that she may have a blockage somewhere else, maybe in the gizzard or intestines.
Getting a fecal float would be a very good idea.

I would get some Permethrin dust to treat the lice instead of giving her a bath. That poop is not normal, bathing a bird that is not well can be risky.
Crop is empty in the mornings?
It's possible that she may have a blockage somewhere else, maybe in the gizzard or intestines.
Getting a fecal float would be a very good idea.

She has an appointment with the Veterinarian on Monday. 🤒

Her crop is pretty empty In the morning but I gave her some EVOO to help things slide along. I figure it couldn't hurt to try. 🤷

Back
Top Bottom